Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some help i have snaped 3bolts on my main caps does anybody know what the tq specs are on all the main cap bolts thanks.

·
Registered
437 Posts
What year, and type engine, and I guess you are talking about the main caps on the crank?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Outer bolts are 18 ft lbs + 90 deg and inner (larger) bolts are 30 ft lb + 90 deg , the bolts on the outside of the block are 30 ft lb + 90 deg.
This out of the workshop manual for a 05 mustang.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Are you using a Haynes manual. I got one for my 06 & can't trust the torque specs. I looked up the motoe mounts to block & the number was twice the correct value. I thought it seemed high so I went inside I checked my DVD from Ford and I was right.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Are you using a Haynes manual. I got one for my 06 & can't trust the torque specs. I looked up the motoe mounts to block & the number was twice the correct value. I thought it seemed high so I went inside I checked my DVD from Ford and I was right.
The manual I have is strait from the tech room at my dealer. I will have to see where they got it from . It is the Ford 05 mustang manual.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea im using HAYNES its a pos seems like everything is wrong in the book.is there something on the web that would show all the tq specs.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I've never liked Haynes manuals. I've noticed alot of wrong info/TQ specs...etc.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey 05stroker can u post a tq specs so i can get my engine build going or a web page for the 05's.Im having no luck with this Haynes thanks

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
hey 05stroker can u post a tq specs so i can get my engine build going or a web page for the 05's.Im having no luck with this Haynes thanks
I have the manual what specs do you want ?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks that help out alot ur a life saver.one more Q on the thrust washer does it go inside the block under the crank or out side.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
thanks that help out alot ur a life saver.one more Q on the thrust washer does it go inside the block under the crank or out side.
It goes inbetween the crank and block with the oil grooves faceing the block. See note .7 in the manual.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts