Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey , everyone need some good advise, Im having al sorts of problems with getting the car to run smoothly at part throttle. It seems at part throttle Id say around 40mph if I maintain a steady rpm the car feels like she boggs rich and starts to buck. Im running a LAFM 90mm with 55lbs Injectors. The funny thing is it didnt start to happen until i put a power pipe in, and changed the little black bosch blow off valve for a greddy type S b/c of higher boost levels. Some on told me the plastic one is only good up to 10#s. Now Im venting into the atmoshere the car Idles like factory very smooth but when getting out of gear as I come to a light she'll stumble and turn off.
Im thinking of buying a Pro -M 92mm calibrated for my 55lbs injectors. Does anyone think that maybe that will fix the problem?
Or should I blow off back into the motor? Im completely frustrated someone please give me a good Idea.
Im attaching a picture to show you where the blow off valve is, just in case I did something wrong.

Attachments

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry picture didnt come out the 1st time.

Attachments

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still trying to get you guys a good pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
You need to route the bypass back to the inlet of the blower. Venting to atmosphere is more then likely causeing the trouble. Cause when you are getting off the throttle. The bypass opens and releases the boost to air. But the MAF thinks the engine is taking in all that air. And dumps in the fuel for the measured air.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I can see how she might stall b/c of the metered air venting out , but why is it bucking while holding a steady idle. could I have fouled up the plugs quickly this way, just a thought?

·
Registered
802 Posts
I guess it's different in a blow through application because I have a vortech bypass on my intercooler piping that vents to the atmosphere and I have no driveability issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Micool, Thanks for the reply. Im not sure what to do next?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Pete this is what I was talking about. You have a suck-through MAF setup... you can't run a true BOV. I think your problems would go away if you vent the BPV back into the inlet pipe, after the MAF.

Checking the plugs wouldn't be a bad idea either, they might have buildup on them due to the overly rich condition.

·
Registered
419 Posts
micool said:
I guess it's different in a blow through application because I have a vortech bypass on my intercooler piping that vents to the atmosphere and I have no driveability issues whatsoever.
Yup, different setup there. The MAF is after the BOV in your setup. So, when it releases the air. The MAF is still only seein the true air going into the engine.

Tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts