Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For space requirements I need to remove the factory hood latch and convert my HO Fibertrends hood to a lift off style hood. Can someone tell me if it can be converted and if so what parts do I need? Would I need to get them direct from them or buy someone else? I tried to contact them but the recording was a generic message and I'm not sure if I even have the right number.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dave from what I've seen on lift off hoods is they just use another set of pin latches in the rear.

I don't have a HO Fibertrends hood in front of me but if you can find a place to securly mount the pins along the rear (aka: firewall area) and match that with a good reenforcment point in the hood itself that will hold it.

Something like this configuration.
http://www.2quicknovas.com/hoodandpins1.jpg
Sorry it's Chevy but it's the only example I could find.

I've also seen this taken to the next level by a third set along the sides just above strut towers for some added insurance.

Might be wise to pull a rulebook and see what they require if anything for lift off hoods.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Dave, you can just remove the hinges all together and add pins like the guy before me said. A lift off hood is generally alot lighter weight though. You may could just sell the one you have and purchase a lift off. The lift offs are also a little cheaper. I like the BOSS hoods made in Ohio, they are the highest quality I have seen. I would say they are even a good bit better than the Cervini hood that I have.

Chad

·
Registered
438 Posts
Dave, get hold of John/Mike Tymensky. They converted their hood over and in the process made it a ton lighter. I am sure they can fill u in on the details. It is one of the nicest looking lift off hoods that I have ever seen.

Ben

·
Registered
385 Posts
You can use Dzus fasteners. Not exactly sure how they bolt on, but I guess they work. It looks like he has brackets under the hood along the edges. This is KenB's car and it's a lift off.

Darren

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Dave...

I was thinking along the same line as Darren... I belive you can use Dzus fasteners along the inside of the fender to engine compartment lip. You can sell your hood and buy a lighter hood and have it prepped with the fasteners or extra set of pins prior to prep and paint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts