Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought Compucar's Nitrous in a Bag system. It comes with five jets the smallest being .039. I plan on inserting the steel spray line supplied with the kit in the rubber end cap of the air filter along the axis of the filter spraying straight down the bore. They suggested going one colder plug and gapping at .035. I am running NGK TR6's gapped at .04. Should I follow their directions? Also, can spark plug gap alter the A/F ratio and if so, what direction results in a richer ratio? I plan on spraying a very small shot for cooling purposes and probably won't go over 40. I will do the testing while on a dyno and may make a .031 jet here at work for the first size to start. What size jet would be a good size to start with?

Thanks,
Larry

G

·
The first size jet will yield you about 50 rwh and almost 100 ft lbs of torque! Thats the one I use....works incredible in cooling that air down on the hotter days....I am over 20 lbs of boost with that shot and gap my TR6's at 30....I would say to go to 35 as they say....it will richen it up alittle and help prevent spark blowout up top. Enjoy!

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a dry system. I bought it at FFW for $385 with the bottle filled. Mark bought one for his 03 and I just couldn't pass up on the deal. The kit says it's designed to shoot cooler air into the MAF to trick the computer into thinking it's cooler and adjusting for it to add power. I would think a 100 shot or whatever the biggest jet that came with the kit would be too much. The kit is designed to be carried around in the duffle bag that it comes in and can be installed in 10 minutes.

It also comes with the solenoid plumbed to the valve on the tank prewired to a cigarette power receptacle and a button housing you hold in you hand to spray on demand. I have trouble shifting gears without that added. I want to set mine up to work automatically but be able to remove the tank when I'm not running. I take my passenger seat out when I race so I am going to mount mine there and then take the bottle out when I put the seat back in the car. McMaster Carr has pressure operated switches in their catalog. They sell one that is adjustable from 1-16 psi with NO and NC contacts. It sells for $50. It should work. I'm going to get one and test it out before I hook it to the bottle solenoid. I'm planning on mounting it under the dash and tee it into the boost gauge line. Then I can install a power switch and run it to the pressure switch contacts. That way I can turn off the solenoid when I don't want it to come on without disconnecting the wire. Then I can put a female electrical plug on the pressure switch so I can hook it up to the bottle. The solenoid wires on the bottle will have enough lead to reach the dash with the male plug. Then all you have to do to run is bolt in your bottle and roll off the wire and plug it under the dash and you're ready to roll. I think it'll work.

If the .039 jet is 50/100, I think I will definately drop to a .031 to test it out. You're looking at 6's with that much of a shot with upper and lower pulleys and full bolt-ons. Maybe well into the 6's. I'd like 7.0-1's.

Thanks for the help :) .

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have a dry NOS system that I might try when I get some time. I will also run a 30-40 . I will run that shot before the meter like I did on my 5.0. I think I will run torco fuel additive in the tank for a little piece of mind.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have read of some guys trying to run a wet system plumbed in before the blower. Made no sense to me, heating and compressing fuel with nitrous and air in the blower. Is that correct?

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Plenty of L guys have run wet kits. They both work.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Isn't there a big chance of detonation in the blower with fuel in the compressed mix?

And what about the coating on the lobes and interior of the blower.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
The coating comes off anyways. I've never heard of the fuel causing an explosion in a blower. It's not like it ever gets a chance to pool up or anything.

Dry may be better, I dunno, but the wet kits works too. As I said, the Lightnings have proved that for years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts