Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here it is i am building a forged 3v 9.1 comp ..i have a vortech v3 blower on a stock bottom end now at 11.5 psi the car makes 491 420 rwhp/tq .my goal is to run 17-18psi and to get 600-650 rwhp ...but should i go with comp cams stg2 blower grind and mmr stg2 ported and polished heads .or stg 3 ....any info on what it will take to make that power with that blower and keep streetability .....and info with combos on a 3v ..should i go with cams ...should i port the heads ....HELP!!!!!!:dunno2:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figure 9.1 is high for Forced induction .especially if you want to run pump gas .,.am i wrong !!

·
Registered
873 Posts
9.1 is on the low side for a centri blower.

I run 9.6:1 with a Procharger 18psi boost on pump gas making well above 600rwhp. I love my BBR stage 2 cams.

Remember cams need to be considered when choosing what you want to build. You can run more compression with an aggresive cam profile.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I am wanting to do about the same as the original poster, but with a paxton 2200. I am thinking a Livernois 298 stroker with stage three heads and a set of Comp cams part number 127550 cam along with bumping the boost up around 16-18psi. Is that about right to achieve those goals? Dirtydog, I would like to here more about your combo if you are willing to share.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts