Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car seems to be running strong for the mods - finishing up the ¼ mile at 111 – 112 MPH on the GTECH Pro meter. My ET is 13.57 – 13.48 at 4790’ altitude. I am smoking the Nitto DRs in 1st & and a good part of 2nd gear. Launching at 1500 – 2000RPM by dropping the clutch. I am not good at launching and need practice at slipping the clutch - this will help a bit.

Anyone have ideas on how to improve the traction?? I plan on racing several times a year & plan to use the car as a daily driver during the nice weather. Am thinking about the Steeda drag pack: Stage 1 & Stage 2 i.e adjustable UCAs, LCAs, Tokico adjustable front struts, drag launch spring kit w/airbag. Would this mod be a good start? What should I think about beyond this mod e.g. 31 spline, ladder bars, …

I plan on forging the motor (possibly stroke), get a cam & PP the heads - next year.

Any comments/ideas will be appreciated

·
Registered
802 Posts
Tom Martin said:
My car seems to be running strong for the mods - finishing up the ¼ mile at 111 - 112 MPH on the GTECH Pro meter. My ET is 13.57 - 13.48 at 4790' altitude. I am smoking the Nitto DRs in 1st & and a good part of 2nd gear. Launching at 1500 - 2000RPM by dropping the clutch. I am not good at launching and need practice at slipping the clutch - this will help a bit.

Anyone have ideas on how to improve the traction?? I plan on racing several times a year & plan to use the car as a daily driver during the nice weather. Am thinking about the Steeda drag pack: Stage 1 & Stage 2 i.e adjustable UCAs, LCAs, Tokico adjustable front struts, drag launch spring kit w/airbag. Would this mod be a good start? What should I think about beyond this mod e.g. 31 spline, ladder bars, …

I plan on forging the motor (possibly stroke), get a cam & PP the heads - next year.

Any comments/ideas will be appreciated
Sounds like you got a good plan. I've got the steeda ucas & lcas on my car now and it squats pretty good. The drag shocks would be ok but I don't know if I'd do that if your'e gonna drive it too much on the street. Axles and a good diff would be nice along with an aluminum driveshaft and safety loop. Good luck. Michael

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the comments Michael.

Did you upgrade to the Eaton posi & go to a 31 spline axel? Have you welded you torque box & axel tubes? Are you running slicks?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Tom Martin said:
Thanks for the comments Michael.

Did you upgrade to the Eaton posi & go to a 31 spline axel? Have you welded you torque box & axel tubes? Are you running slicks?
Eaton diff w/ 31 spline Mosers. Haven't welded torque boxes or axle tubes and yes, I run 8.5" MT Drags.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts