Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a metco lower pulley setup and I am trying to install this thing and cant get the crank bolt to loosen at all.I bought the 14mm tool from snap on and still cant get it with a breaker bar or cheater pipe. please help

·
400 Posts
Sly is correct. The 14mm bolt is left hand thread. also put the car in 3rd or 4th gear with the e brake on. big bar with a big helper.

Rick

·
Bluesmobile
2,121 Posts
Get a longer bar!!!
Seriously. That thing is really on there. You may need someone to sit in the car with the brakes on so the wheels won't turn also.
Been there, done that.

If the SVT forum comes up again, go to the '03 modifications section. There is a write up on the Metco Lower install there.

Dana

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AmazonRacing said:
Sly is correct. The 14mm bolt is left hand thread. also put the car in 3rd or 4th gear with the e brake on. big bar with a big helper.

Rick
Worked on the first try after taking out of first and putting in 4th. Thanks everyone. The car feels totally different:eek:

G

·
AmazonRacing said:

Rick
Rick you are my HERO!!!! I have been busting my ass trying to get that bastard off too for 2 days now....in reverse and e brake on...the breakerbar kept moving and moving way too far.

I read this thread..go out in the garage...put her in 4th gear...back against the wall...legs push on the breaker...and wham! broke it loose first shot too!!!! breaker barely moved this time...

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!!!!!

Hot Rod(now the 6 lb goes on..I need a belt now)Harry

G

·
6 lb interchangeable system is on....now its belt time....I might have a messenger tonight with one...not sure if it will work with my 2.80 upper and billetflow idler/pulley wrap setup and 100mm and 92 mm idlers. We will see.

Thanks to Rick at Amazon for that tip!
Thanks to PJ's for everything they do for me!
and special Thanks to JDM for my fabrication work..man does Jim do great work!

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
400 Posts
I come across some of these mofo's that I can barely get off. Glad that little trick helped cause I know how hard some are to get off. There is a tool guy at nmra races and I bought a 5 foot breaker bar from him just to do this job. Got that sucker last year at bowling green. That and a 3 foot pipe gets it every time. hehehe

Rick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts