Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty self-explanatory here....

Who has it?
How do you like it?
Any "heat" concerns?
Belt slip (with or without idlers)?
Best time? Trap speed?
Is it worth it for the cost?

The thing is, after spending some time talking to Jim D'Amore, he has got me thinking about installing another, smaller pulley on my Eaton. I have the 2.93 Amazon Interchangable pulley now, and I just had Billetflow Doug drop ship me a 2.76 pulley too. I am thinking about doing what Blown03 did and getting a flip chip from somebody with a 2.93 tune and a 2.76 tune.....for hotter and cooler weather.

BUT since I have the Heat Exchanger, I was thinking that I can get away with doing the 2.76 full-time for maximum numbers. Are the numbers THAT important? What 2.80 or 2.76 guys run 120 in the quarter? I need quick answers because the clock is ticking.......

Thanks in advance for all replies, please help me out. Add whatever you can.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
broke7 also runs in ALASKA, so his numbers are not as "real world" as most of ours. He doesn't have to deal with the humidity, 90+ degree days that I have to deal with here in NJ.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I run a 6 pound Metco lower,with a 100 MM idler along with a 2.76 upper pulley.
Belt slip is so severe i no longer drive the car.It is burning up belts faster than the parts house can stock them.
eventually i will swap back to a larger upper and possibly even a 4 pound lower,whatever it takes to eliminate the belt slip so that i can get rid of the POS.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have idlers already with my 2.93 pulley, belt wrap is good.

I didn't think belt slip would be THAT severe. Anyone else?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Well I have the Richard Racing non-slip 2.76 pulley from Amazon Racing. I had that installed at the same time with there idler set. I don't have any belt slip and my belt still looks like new after 4 months of driving. I like the pulley, it's worth the cost and would recommend it.

Hope that helps.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
I also have the 2.76 from Amazon. I see 14psi all the way through with the Billet Flow idiler pulleys. Great combo, looks awesome in clear (bling bling effect). I am a vert and my first time ever at a track I ran 12.24 at the track at 1pm, 96 degrees with bad humidity. I am going again Oct 11 or so to see what it will do in a little better weather. Definately worth the money.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am wondering if that is a good mod as far as longetivity is concerned, because that pulley is spinning the HELL out of that Heaton. Plus on my side is that I have the Heat Exchanger installed, so my charge temps should be lower, which can help with the numbers......I got the pulley today, I am just wondering if I should install it......

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
You will install it you greedy *********...I'd use it for a paperweight:D

Let us know the results....:D

MAKE FRIENDS WITH THE ICE MAN

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL Jim, that was a good one. I don't know how good of a paperweight it would be, it IS billet aluminum after all!!!!

It was only 40 bux, so maybe I can swap it in when I can afford to in the cooler weather...like we are expected to have all next week when I am on vacation!!!

Expect some track times naysayers, but don't expect them to be pretty. I just want the MPH part so I know the power and eventual ET is gonna be there.

I am on your side as far as the pully issue goes Jim, but I am craving some numbers too. I guess I am like the stereotypical 03 Cobra dude, too worried about numbers and not worried enough about ET's.

By the way, I DID pull a 2.80 pulley car upstairs, but all he had was a 2.80, Flowmasters, CAI and mail-order chip.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
SolidSnake said:
I am wondering if that is a good mod as far as longetivity is concerned, because that pulley is spinning the HELL out of that Heaton. Plus on my side is that I have the Heat Exchanger installed, so my charge temps should be lower, which can help with the numbers......I got the pulley today, I am just wondering if I should install it......
Just slap it on. Peopel have been running upper/lower combos spinning the Eaton to crazy RPMs and haven't had any problems.

With a good tune I bet longevity will barely be affected with the 2.76.

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Solid....I go back n forth with the pullies myself. I will mainly be usung the 2.76 for track days and thats mainly it. Seat of thepants feel on the street the 2.76 is king,but when your driving for extended periods i personally would suggest the 2.93. That's what i do,i carry all the tools i need with me that i would need to change it if i wanted to. Takes about 5 min to change once you do it.

I trapped 119.37........With the 2.93......Not powershifting...so the 2.93 can hold it's own against the 2.76......But i will be testing it more extensively at my Oct 6th track rental at Atco,on ET Streets of course!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts