Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats a good IRS setup, I dont do alot of 1/4 mile runs, but if I want to make a trip here and there what kinda setup should I get, i want to keep my IRS but just beef it up..

What kind of bushings, and are level 3 half shafts good idea? lil help here.

Only making 531rwhp/470rwt so you know what im workin with. any info would be great

·
un1230/Whipple3.4/ Teksid
2,448 Posts
hey bro #1 thing you need is diff brace for sure and as far as the bushings and shafts I wouldn"t know as I went to a sra set up , but others will help you the rest of the way.
mofasta

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey bro #1 thing you need is diff brace for sure and as far as the bushings and shafts I wouldn"t know as I went to a sra set up , but others will help you the rest of the way.
mofasta
Yeah forgot to mention already have an IRS brace

·
Boost-aholic
2,821 Posts
I would say bushings would be your best bet. Maximum Motorsports has a great kit. Also, even if you're only going to be going down the track a few times a year, get a set of MT E.T. Streets (bias ply) or something similar. Drag radials work, but to get the most out of your setup, I would go with a good soft tire and launch hard. The tires will absorb the shock well, drag radials....not so much.

Jr.

·
Registered
322 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
+1 on Bruces kit! Skip the halfshafts .. the stockers are fine, just get all the rubber outta there!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Bruces kit + stock half shafts. Don't bother with any of the DSS shafts. They are junk. Also run on a tire with some sidewall to absorb most of the initial shock.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Whats a good IRS setup, I dont do alot of 1/4 mile runs, but if I want to make a trip here and there what kinda setup should I get, i want to keep my IRS but just beef it up..

What kind of bushings, and are level 3 half shafts good idea? lil help here.

Only making 531rwhp/470rwt so you know what im workin with. any info would be great
Being that you already have a brace I have new bushings from Steeda if you are interested? I am going with Bruce's kit so I wont need these.

·
Blower Whine Junkie
618 Posts
Bruces kit + stock half shafts. Don't bother with any of the DSS shafts. They are junk. Also run on a tire with some sidewall to absorb most of the initial shock.
I agree, but honestly even Bruces kit really isn't necessary. It does help tighten up the rear, but a good set of slicks at the track and the car is good to roll.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I agree, but honestly even Bruces kit really isn't necessary. It does help tighten up the rear, but a good set of slicks at the track and the car is good to roll.
It isn't necessary in most cases but I've pulled out bushings from some cars that looked like they had been chewed up by a rat they were so bad. While others didn't look that bad. But I agree that if the stock bushings are still in good shape, a diff brace and a pair of slicks will make it leave the line like a champ.

·
Registered
457 Posts
^^^ That's how some of my bushings looked with only 39,500 miles on the car...I am finishing up the install of bruce's kit this weekend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts