Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like I really need to get some of my low end torque back. Since the Port and Polish was so large, I lost all of my bottom end. is there ANYTHING I can do to try and increase the velocity of the air at low rpms without a power adder? PLEASE HELP. The car feels so empty without it. Thanks in advance for any and all inputs.

·
Registered
204 Posts
change the rear gears. There is no way to increase velocity of the air without changing the size of the port...or maybe adding a turbo :D

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's already got 3.73's. Dont want to spend more money on gears since I do plan on a power adder in the future, just not the near future.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got a deal I cant pass up. Guy wants to do a straight up swap of my factory mid pipe for an O/R Bassani X :eek: Gonna meet him in NY and do the swap on his car at my uncles house next weekend. It wolnt help the low end, but should be an improvement top end over the Mac Pro-chamber. Any comments?

·
Registered
885 Posts
stanggt00 said:
Got a deal I cant pass up. Guy wants to do a straight up swap of my factory mid pipe for an O/R Bassani X :eek: Gonna meet him in NY and do the swap on his car at my uncles house next weekend. It wolnt help the low end, but should be an improvement top end over the Mac Pro-chamber. Any comments?
You probably won't see the kind of improvement you're looking for with just a mid-pipe change.
It will help some, but not a huge amount. Once you do the power-adder, the gains from the less-restrictive mid-pipe will only go up though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts