Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need opinions on going turbo. What I am considering at the moment is the hellion hellraiser kit for my 03 cobra stock motor (for now) and no plan to go auto. Either that or sell the cobra and get a Gt and go from there.

But I don't race the car much and I think it would be cool to have a twin turbo s/c car and I can always remove the S/C and use just the twins. Which may happen which brings m to the other problem that the kit comes with 61mm turbos or optional 57mm for the same cost. From what info I have gathered so far the 61's will be fine cause the S/C will be there while they spool but if I end up removing the s/c then they are to big and I should have the 57's but will they be efficent enough for the compound boost setup?

What should I do I cannot make up my mind and I know if I go with just turbo's it would be better to sell the cobra and have an auto GT built which I would get most likely get a 05 up 3 valve depending on price I can find one for I figure after all is said and done the cost will even out since the engine in the cobra are fine for now.

Josh

·
Registered
889 Posts
You Are Undecided. I Would Say Go With The Cobra And Twin 57's, No S/c. You Could Sell All The S/c Stuff For Good $, Cover Some Of The Turbo Set Up. The Gt Would Require A Complete Built Motor, Trans,converter And Fuel System. You Have A Good Base To Make Great Power Now. Just My 2 Pennies

·
Registered
889 Posts
No I Think It Is A Cool Idea. Just Thought Of The $ Offset. Sale Of S/c Stuff And Turbo Set Up. Plus The Idea Of The Hot Eaton And Intercooler Vs. The Turbo Set Up With Air To Air Much More Efficient.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts