Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to make a database for all the different pulley combos. Please post your setup (top and bottom pulley and if you have the Metco idler kit or other brand) and what size belt you are using. Also if your tab is broken on your tensioner. Will post the information I have already and the info found on this site and others.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
2.8 upper, 4 lb lower, 100mm metco idler bracket/pulley, gates 080774. "77 and 7/8 inches long" It went on with fairly little effort!

·
Registered
577 Posts
TTT, this is very valuable information.

3 piece idler set, 2.93 pulley, and I believe that I have a 74 inch belt, although I could be wrong.

·
Senior Citizen Member
5,058 Posts
Have stock blower pulley, 6 Lb Metco lower with the idler in the lower position on the bracket, 3.5" Metco alternator pulley, no additional belt-wrap idler, and all other idlers/pulleys OEM. The tensioner is not modified.
Using Gates K080797 (2040MM O.C.).

FYI, with stock alternator pulley, used K080790 (2020 MM O.C.)

Will soon install 8 Lb lower and will post belt size... it will have to have the Metco-bracket-mounted idler in the upper position.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
2.80 Upper, stock lower, 100mm Billetflow Upper Idler.

74" Gates
74" gatorback
74.5" Gates works as well

·
Registered
577 Posts
Thanks Broke7, that's EXACTLY the kind of response I was looking for.

·
Senior Citizen Member
5,058 Posts
RWTD said:
Yeah, but is this the 1st version of the Metco with the smaller pulleys, or the newer 2nd version with the larger lowers?
Good question ! My 6 Lb pulley measures just barely over 9" where the belt actually rides, so I think it is the 2nd version.

·
Senior Citizen Member
5,058 Posts
Well, I said I would reply after putting on the Metco 8 lb lower ring, so here is the info:

Gates K080820 (2100mm) works with stock blower pulley, 8 lb lower (~9.4"), Metco bracket idler opulley in "upper" location, 3.5" alt pulley, and with no belt-wrap idler added.

Gates K080830 (2125mm) works with all the same above, except swapping out the 2 upper idlers for two of the 100mm bling-bling pulleys.

FYI, the Gates K080790 works with the Metco 6 lb (9.02") lower pulley, idler in lower bracket position, and with everything else stock/OEM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts