Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm helping a buddy out with some work on his '98 Cobra. The issue that we are running into is this: The engine in his car is not the stock 98 engine, but it was supposedly installed by a ford dealer, prior to my friend buying it. We completed a build of the bottom end and have discovered that we are in need of the bolts that go through the side of the block, and into the main caps.

The block in his car is aluminum, so it could possibly be a Teksid, and I can't find any bolts that will work. Does someone happen to have a part number or something similar, even a vehicle year and model that I could reference for these bolts? I have gone to the ford dealership, but am really coming up short, and they aren't providing much help.

The bolt size is 9mm, and the ones that I received from Ford are about 53mm long, and are too long. Anyone experienced any issues like this before?

Thanks.

·
Registered
572 Posts
hey man modular mustang racing sells this block kit especially for the teksid blocks i think its around 50 bucks im running there oil pump and rings and stuff there good to deal with. try them at modularmustangracing.com and you will find what ur looking for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts