Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I need the grommet since I changed the pump out and the freakin blue valve assembly broke when i dropped the tank. Does anyone know where I can get these parts for a reasonable price? I went to my local dealership and they wanted:

Grommet/Seal - F8ZZ 9008 BC - $51.86
Valve Assembly - F8DZ 9B593 - $94.08

Sounds way overpriced, am I getting robbed? :mad2: Also, the valve assembly they ordered is different than the number on my actual part - mine says F8DC 9B593 AC. DOes it matter or is it the wrong piece?

Thanks for the help.

· Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's the grommett, 30$ less than the dealer. the valve they have is the vapor valve, but i need the other smaller unit. thnaks though, i will prob get the grommett from them at least.

· Registered
427 Posts
**I left this open and just replied....so this info was already given.

I broke mine as well. I refused to pay $100+ for the filler neck. I got a good used one off eBay for $60 and a grommet from Latemodelrestoration.com for $18.

· Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
let me ask this, does this part simply see vapor flowing through it? if it doesn't see fuel pressure, can i just crazy glue the stem back on and use quick mix epoxy to secure it? the valve works, i just snapped the stem off.

· Registered
427 Posts
get me a picture of the one you need. I have an entire gas tank sitting in my back yard will all the fittings still attached.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.