Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me out here!
Where can I find a 03 cobra engine and transmission?
MPS has the 03 engine brand new @ $12,500.
Anyone know where I can find new/used/wrecked, etc.?
Want to swap into my 98GT.

Thanks for any and all advice!
Cheers,
Ryan

Attachments

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link!
Does this look fishy? Do you think the seller - enginesindemand is a legitimate company?
Current price is $6100......that looks like a whale of a deal!
Any comments?

Cheers,
Ryan

·
Registered
223 Posts
i've seen one for $8K with 200 dyno hours on it...

·
Registered
223 Posts
wow! that's more like it...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sorry Jim V. I actually bought one of those engines. I removed the oil pan just to check it out and voila! No Manley Rods! No Forged pistons. Needless to say i was pissed! They did refund me my money after i shipped them the engine back. I was still out almost 700 bux shipping though. Sorry.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
03Venom said:
Sorry Jim V. I actually bought one of those engines. I removed the oil pan just to check it out and voila! No Manley Rods! No Forged pistons. Needless to say i was pissed! They did refund me my money after i shipped them the engine back. I was still out almost 700 bux shipping though. Sorry.
How in hell can they advertise them as 03 Cobra Long blocks if they are not??

·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
How in hell can they advertise them as 03 Cobra Long blocks if they are not??
Thats what i screaming to them! Believe me i was a lil P'od. Especially when they told me at first they were not gonna refund the money. Anyways, things worked out, i ended up getting a complete engine from Ford. I was just being a lil precautious before i went through the work involved i wanted to know what i had. Ive been burnt on used engines before so i remove the pan everytime now at the least. that engine wouldnt have lasted a day w/ a blower on it.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Obiefox - That's what I thought! Looks fishy to me! I want to talk to someone and get a legitimate business address/phone number, etc. before shelling out thousands of dollars!! :)

03Venom - What exactly was the excuse by WMS? Did they just send the wrong engine? Why didn't they offer to send you a real 03 engine? Sounds like the old bait and switch. I thought WMS was a reputable company?? :confused: Looks like the real thing in the picture! Curious.....did it have the actual 03 heads on the engine?

Thanks for the help guys.....maybe I'll find one soon!
Cheers,
Ryan

·
Registered
124 Posts
03Venom - What exactly was the excuse by WMS? Did they just send the wrong engine? Why didn't they offer to send you a real 03 engine? Sounds like the old bait and switch. I thought WMS was a reputable company?? Looks like the real thing in the picture! Curious.....did it have the actual 03 heads on the engine?
Well before i ordered it i asked them if it was an actual 03 Cobra longblock because i had been warned that there were some people selling 03 Cobra longblocks that were not! WMS told me that they removed the heads to inspect and verify that it had dished pistons. they said they were, but didnt not know about the rods and they were not gonna remove the oil pan to find out. They did tell me they got these long blocks from Ford as used dyno engines. When i called them after i removed the pan the owner acted suprised at what i had found and we proceeded to go through the process of shipping the engine back and getting my money back. We had a 01 Cobra engine at the shop and the ports on the heads were the exact same. for that matter so were the rods. the only difference between the 2 were the blocks. Dont get me wrong here im not meaning or wanting to bad mouth WMS as i did get a full refund of my money except shipping costs. i have several local friends who have bought products from WMS and had great experiences with them especially technically on there stand alone systems. I probably just got "screwed" engine. No fault of theres. im just glad i removed the pan before hand.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Stay away from Enginesindemand on ebay!

No big surprise but the Enginesindemand guys on ebay are bogus. Ebay pulled them off the site today. I had put in a $7000 bid for the engine and trans combo that they were selling. It ended up selling for like $8500 or something. This morning I got an email from "Chris" at [email protected], telling me that they had 2 more engine combos that they would sell me for my $7000 bid! They still wouldn't give me any details on who or where they were. Within and hour eBay sent me an email telling me that they were removed from the site.

No big surprise, but just a heads up.

Kevin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts