Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went to the track to tryout my new tune I got from Chris Johnson yesterday and came away very pleased ...

I made 4 passes and here they are

First
60 ft 1.519
1/8 6.812
mph 102.51

Second
60 ft 1.505
1/8 6.754
mph 103.00

Third
60 ft 1.472
1/8 6.729
mph 104.87 hit the NOS in third gear

Fourth
60 ft 1.470 spun a lil and launched on NOS and through third
1/8 6.656
mph 106.84

we will be heading to the 1/4 next week for some new best times hopefully if this motor stay alive hehehe

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Bro how many passes do you have on that stock block? Also do you know what kind of timing your running? I'm just curious because you seem to have the only stock block motor ripping that kind of power.;)

Razor.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys ,

I guess Ford built the yellow ones right :D jk,

I am running 21.5 degrees timing on the motor and 19.5 on the N20

The last pass where it ran a 6.65 I turned the motor 8400 in third gear so I wouldn't have to go into fourth like my other runs

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
302 Posts
GEEZ!

That is awesome!

Congrats on the times and we look forward to seeing the 1/4 times.... should be EXTREMELY impressive! I hope it survives 300 more passes!

:lurk

;) :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey Brian,
Got a question about the tune on your car. I was just wondering if there is any change other than the timing for when you run the N2O? It looked like you said you take 2 degrees out for when you spray. Do you set it up any richer?
Also, I beleive i've asked before, but what N2O kit are you running? I have the aftercooler sold and i'm thinking about going that route myself. is there any reason that you run a dry shot instead of a wet one? Looks like Chad is running a dry shot too? Would like to know the pros and cons of both with 20 lbs. of boost:shocked :D

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Steve,

I am running the old NOS 05115 kit and just spraying N2O and not using the Fuel pressure solenoid. CJ has it a lil richer for the N20 but I don't honestly know how much . You could email him and I am sure he would tell you.

A wet kit would probably cause a puddle of fuel and a huge explosion.

Are you coming to FFW in Atlanta this weekend ??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts