1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
And you do know exactly how long it will take me to get a set on my car correct?:rolleyes:

Already have plans to pull the current motor,build a stroker and have my same porter do the 3valves heads..All of this planning and my freakin current setup still isn't ready yet.

You did this to me.YOU.......:)

Tim

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
TIM, Just a little 3 valve :evil

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
They will NOT be a bolt on head.A new wiring harness,computer and some modding will be needed.
My dumb ass will post all the parts needed once we do it.:)

Tim

·
Registered
45 Posts
:blob :blob

·
Registered
511 Posts
Ford finally joins the rest of the automotive world with variable valve timing and they put it on a 3 valve. :rolleyes:

Doesn’t the AUS market DOHC engine come with variable valve timing?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Laugh at Honda all you want, they are decades ahead of Ford in engine technology. Look at the power pulled from the NSX engine and that was over ten years ago. If the Ford DOHC engine used VVT it would make the SOHC engine obsolete and would build flatter, greater power.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HONDA :lol :lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ayrton said:
If the Ford DOHC engine used VVT it would make the SOHC engine obsolete and would build flatter, greater power.
And if pigs had wings, they could fly. So?

Doug...what up? Still no phone? Saw you blazing around the corner from WB Diehl onto SB Raymond yesterday about 5:00. Hauling arse and corning flat!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ayrton said:
Perhaps you would prefer to go back to pushrods and carbs. :rolleyes:

I read the DTA thread and that sucks on so many levels...sorry bro.
Not particularly, but if you keep adding in the high-tech goodies, you'll get the price so high that no one can afford them. Then they go away to the place where the F-bodies went. Heck, I'd have a hard time paying for the new Cobra as it is. Jack that price up anymore and you're at luxury car levels. I prefer they leave the technology relatively simple so I can afford to pay for one and then modify to my goals incrementily. We don't need a "Ford Corvette". And about DTA - thanks...he'll get what's coming to him.

·
Registered
511 Posts
C'mon I agree with you, but if Honda can put it on a Civic for gods sake why can't Ford offer on their premier model? I don't want a 50K Mustang more than you, but VVT is the ticket to both low and high end power.

I know I am in the minority when it comes to road racing as opposed to drag racing, but it would be nice to get a little of that tech on the showroom floor.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I dunno, I like my Stupid Over Head Cam 4.6. it is simplistic in its approach and CHEAP.

IMO, I like Fords approach to low end torque (read no replacement for displacement), granted its only 4.6 liters, but it works.

·
Registered
492 Posts
We don't need a "Ford Corvette".
What is the 03 Cobra? It's right there with the vette's and vipers. $300 for a tuned chip and K&N, and its there or faster than both of those much higher priced vehicles. $600 for a rear end job and they will be eating the pavement the cobra spits at it. :p

(read no replacement for displacement)
Stroke and Bore it ;) Then you got your displacement.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would like to see it (the VVT) on a 5.0L DOHC instead of the 4.6L SOHC....I used to have a '99 Prelude VTEC a few years ago, and that thing had a mean cam up top, but decent torque for a four banger down low.

w/ a relatively short duration lobe down low, and a huge big daddy lobe up top, that thing would be BAD! and streetable, too! Not to mention emissions compliant, which makes havin' power a little less of a headache. It would be expensive at first, but if Ford used it throughtout their product line the costs would eventually come down, hopefully.

Combined w/ the variable runner FR500 intake, oh the possibilities.

SJ

1 - 18 of 18 Posts