Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any info out there about swapping a new 5.0 into a 2006 mustang gt? i have a guy that wants me to swap one, and i was wondering if there is any info out there about the swap. i assume its pretty straight forward. the engine bays are pretty similar. any help would be appreciated. thanks

· Registered
48 Posts
A guy over on S197forums did the swap himself, and he has this like 80-something page long thread about it. It may take a bit of searching, but it's worth a read. I know he had to do a lot of custom fuel line work.

· Registered
58 Posts
As mentioned it was done on s197forum...however, the car had no PS, no A/C, and the used autometer guages. I'm sure it may be able to be done but you'll need to dig a bit deep as far as wiring goes if the guy your doing it for wants everything functional.

· Registered
773 Posts
The guy on S197 is Matt D if you want to look it up but as stated it's mostly a race car. One of the main differences is the lack of Hyd Power steering, so you will have to work up some brackets and belt system to make it work or go with a manual rack. The biggest problem is getting the computer setup to work correctly. Integrating the wiring harness for the 3v with the one for the 4v and getting the computer to work with everything will be a nightmare. I don't know your expertise but this isn't an easy swap. BBR is installing a 5.0 in a Ford Ranger, you should give them a call maybe they can help.

Earl

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i've been a tech at a ford dealer for 13 plus years, so i know fords pretty well. money is no object to this guy. i will check that build out, thanks

· Registered
11 Posts
I've been considering this same swap in my '08 Bullitt. I would want to keep everything functional as far as gauges, alarm, trip computer etc.
I think the best way to go would be to get a full engine, dash, and body harness out of a 2011 car and go from there. I don't think the control pack from FRPP is even set up to communicate with the stock gauges and everything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.