Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.80 with BFG DRs man are they great

still only got me a 12.1 @ 114 but I think thats thanks to the heat. It was 85 out when I ran it..

I ran 12.0 @ 116 1.85 60ft in the spring when it was 55 out.

I think high 11s are definetely in my future and all I have is a 2.80 upper, a superchip and BFG Drag Radials!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nice burn out. You have those mods and still use the stock air filter?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no

I have the drop in K+N and removed my air silencer. I dont consider those mods. I also took out my front head light for the first time friday night. In the heat the best I had been running was 113mph. 3mph under my runs in cooler weather. With the headlight out I was 114 every time.

The first thing I did with my car was put in a K+N and removed the air silencer

·
Registered
223 Posts
looking at those pics, i'm obviously not burning out enough...

my best 60' is 1.979 & worst of 2.9 spinning :(
but i'm using Nitto DRs

what RPM do you launch at? feather the clutch? or drop it?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
nice 60' silver!! keep em' coming , practice makes perfect...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha

Actually that burnout was just for the camera! I realized last night that I dont need to do a long burnout at all. I actually only cut a 1.90 on that run.

I had a 1.87 1.86 1.87 1.85 1.80 1.83 on my other runs with a short burnout...just until I could see a little smoke then I pulled up.

I was experiementing with launching at 3500 rpms. Keeping it there and feathering the clutch. I actually still bogged the car out with the 1.80 60ft so im pretty sure I should be cutting 1.7s for 60ft times...and probably launching that way from 4000 rpms

For brackets I was running consistent 12.3s @ 113 just launching from idle. I was also getting some real good RTs that way. Once its cool out Ill probably go back to launching from idle for brackets and running consistent 12.0s i think. Its easier on the rear and I dont have to worry about track officials getting all upset about 11s with no roll bar. It will be real cool to run an 11 sec 1/4 mile though!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I've only had the opportunity to run on a prepped track once. Out here we only have one track, so the only time we(street cars) get to run on a prepped track is test and tune night prior to a mian event for the Island Dragsters. I cut low 1.8 60's all night with a 1.77 being the best. Given a little more practice, 1.6's shouldn't be impossible. These were with BFG 275/40/17 DR's (comp t/a).
Heat up, no burnout.....

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
The hotter you get the BFG's the better they hook. This is what I have found.

Congrats on the new best.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

COuldnt get my 60ft any better but I iced my intake after the first run and still took out the headlight. I didnt bother taking out the spare and jack....too paranoid that Ill get a flat again after the screw I got in my brand new BFG first time out.

12.18 @ 114 1.85 60ft

then after ice and 1 hour between runs becuas eit was so crowded...ran...........

12.08 @ 115 1.82 60ft

12.08 @ 115 1.82 60ft

It was 85* out.

I cant wait until its cooler out! 11.9 will be easy

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Silver nice going, I suspect you will be in the 11's before the cool weather comes and well into the 11's when fall is here! You car runs well for such few mods! Do you have completely stock exhaust?????

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah

yeah stock exhaust

only power mods are the chip and pulley. Complete list of mods is..........

KB SUbs and strut tower bar
Ford Racing Clutch
Pro 5.0 shifter
Hurst Line lOcks
BFG DRs
Nitto ZRs on front
K+N Air Filter drop in
Air SIlencer removed
2.80 pulley
SUperchip

Headlight removed for racing (this seemed to get my MPH back up in the heat. Until I removed the headlight my best run in the heat was a 12.2

The Ice definetely helped. I just put it on the intake and back of the supercharger, but when I started the car after sitting for an hour the temp guage was only up 1/4 or less

Next trip im going to leave my spare and jack at home, fold in the side mirrors and inflate the front tires to 44psi in addition to the headlight and ice...im tempted to remove the rear and passenger seats but probably wont...

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah

I ran a 1.77 on wed night but didnt let my car cool down enough i think. It only resulted in a 12.1 @ 113 three more runs got me the same time. I should have sat out a few races and let it cool down.. ahhh

·
Registered
375 Posts
Is that Englishtown>??? It looks like it but I could be wrong. If it is are you that guy I met there like a month and a half ago>??? I had the White 03. Nice number BTW. I wish i could get 1.8 60FT's. Can't wait to try out my new Nitto's. For those running Nitto's I noticed the ones on my Lightning like big smokey burnouts. -Mat-

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Running 11's with your mods will be good..and it's comming soon..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah

Yeah that was probably me. I havent seen another yellow 03 cobra yet at the track yet.

I remember meeting you i think.. You have the plain white right with chrome wheels? and the mach chin spoiler?

There was anotehr white one there last wed night with a flame job and cobra R hood. He ran once and then I didnt see him again.

HEy Jim.. Yeah IM pretty psyched. I think if I go and actually let my car cool for an hour with some ice on the intake Ill have 11.9 right now. I wish I was more patient wed night haha. Lower temps will help too.

Looks like no racing until Friday! RAIN in the forecast every freakin day.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have a white 03, but no chrome wheels, and no chin spoiler. :confused: I met you(if it was you) when I was with Harvey(Mineral Grey 03). You were doing bracket racing and we were doing time trials. I dunno, either way I hope you make it into the 11's! How often are you down at Etown>??? I was thinking of going 2morrow but it looks like rain. I need to take my Lightning down and run some 11's. :D -Mat-

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
oh ok

hehehe ok I guess I have met three white 03 owners then. 11s this weekend man! Probably tomorrow when it gets cooler out!

·
Registered
90 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts