Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went back to Steele (Alabama International Dragway) Friday night to run the new setup in the 1/4 . We had some highs and lows

On the motor with just boost and no N20
60ft 1.47
1/8 6.75
mph 103
1/4 10.46 New Best
mph 133

On my last pass in the final Quick 8 street cars

60ft 1.412 New best
1/8 6.61 New best
mph 93
1/4 11.48
mph 75

The clutch disentegrated going from 3rd to 4th gear about 60-70 ft from the 1/8 mile line , I believe if the car would pulled through the line it woulda ran a 6.50 or so @ 106-108

The clutch I was running was a SPEC stage 3 , the disc ripped in half ,and the pressure plate was destroyed also. I talked to SPEC just a while ago and I am taking the old one out their this afternoon and they are gonna give me a newer design for more horsepower and torque ratings.

I am sure glad I have a Lakewood scattershield b/c I like my big feet alot :)

We had another identical clutch we swapped out Saturday morning and will be heading back this week if everything goes well..

Stay tuned

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update sig

·
Registered
302 Posts
Congrats on the times, and keeping your feet! :D

Sorry about the Clutch...:shocked

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave ,

I have a Wolfe 6pt , but can't come to terms about putting it in. I don't want to cut the car up . I am about to put the Wolfe sway bar on in a few weeks probably.

I have been thinking about selling the car , I had 2 people looking over it at the track Friday night that might be players .

I am thinking if I sell it I will get an 03 , and use my other motor in my wifes 99 GT since she is wanting an Expedition .

·
Registered
173 Posts
Way to go Brian!!! I cant wait to get mine back to the track. I'm still working on getting the motor straightened out. Then, I'm gonna ditch the cooler and get a new tune.

Keep at it, it's always nice to see fellow street cars running faster and faster.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts