Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from the DASILVA RACING SHOOTOUT and made my fastest run ever. In the morning the car ran a 11.91 and 11.86 on a cold track 1.86/1.81 60'.
But after they sprayed the track for a couple of 7 second cars the BFG's really paid off with a 1.740 60', [email protected]!

For the fitment......I have to admit, the 315's does NOT look good
on the stock rims.
Would it be possible to find 03 style rims in 10.5?, if not I will have to look around for a set of stock rims just for track use.

:) Riaan
Zinc yellow 03
[email protected]

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Great Run...Congrats..
Can you Post your Mod list??

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
www.afswheels.com

sells 10.5" stock looking wheels...I don't think they'll fit with the IRS and 315 BFgs though...toooooo wide

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Congrats now come on give us the breakdown!!! Launch RPM, shift points 1-4, conditions, 1/8 et and mph!!! Once again congrats your car is crazy fast for a 3.10 pulley! And yeah AFS makes the 10-1/2 03 wheel to match yours and it will fit with the 315's and IRS, my buddy has that same combo on his 03, it looks mean from behind !

·
Registered
375 Posts
Woah man your car only has a 3.10 upper! What are your other mods. You must be making some good HP with that MPH! Nice times! -Mat-

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx
I have to give Joe da Silva some credid for prepping the track,it was great. Power shifting 2nd at 6000rpm didn't even 'jirp' the tires.
The BFG's at 16psi and 3000rpm launche was good for 1.74. The tires hooked HARD and didn't try higher rpm's.
Still cannot power shift 3rd so I ride out 2nd to about 6500 before shifting. Powershifting 4th is easy at 6100/6200.

Reaction(you don't wanna now!)
60 1.740
330 4.902
1/8 et 7.569
1/4 et 11.692
1/4 mph 118.97
Best speed today [email protected]

Mods: 3.10 upper, Diablosport chip , 12' K&N with a 4' inlet bolted directly to the mass air (custom made), Denso it22's , UPR offroad X ,Magnaflows
and last but not least 315/35R/17 BFG drag radials.

Thankx for the AFR site and yeah , with 1' spacers they look even meaner from behind!!

Riaan
Zinc yellow 03
[email protected]

·
Registered
375 Posts
Are you just dumping the clutch or slipping it out>??? I have yet to try out my 315 Nitto's but can't wait! I hope they work close to as good as your BFG's. -Mat-

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Thats weird how somtimes your car will mph so high, maybe you are shifting at different points and the car is running harder on that particular pass but the 60ft wasnt as good, you may check that out, because with a 122 your car has more in the bag!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
congats bro!!!! those are great times , especially for your combo. you got a good setup there and you obviously can drive like a mofo!! :banggears

·
Senior Citizen Member
5,058 Posts
Congrats, man. It looks like you have found the "combo" off the line for sure !!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Everything was fine untill this morning when I went back to the track and did another 11.73 pass, after witch they told in a nice but firm way to get an approved rollbar of some sort to run 11.99 and under.
For the high speed , I don't have it figured out yet. This weekend I made 8 passes in total , all between 1.74 and 1.86 60'. Et's between 11.69 and 11.95 but the speed was from 117.2 to122.6???
Does this make sence to anybody?

Thanx again for all the possitive feedback
These 03's are the BEST.

Riaan
Zinc yellow 03
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Yeah I am wondering about the mph difference myself as well. Do you know for sure by way of shift light that you shifted the car at the same rpms your car went 117 and then again on the 122 pass, somthing is causing the car to run harder on the topend, maybe the car was cool on the high mph passes, anyone else!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Riaan,
Can you look at your timeslips and see what lane you ran the 122mph and compare it to the lane when you ran your 117mph.I have seen and heard on several occasions where one lane is way off on mph but the ET's are still correct.This is probably what is going on.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your right, HIGH ROLLER! From the the 10 latest timeslips the left lane on our local track (St. Thomas Dragway) ALWAYS gave me a 120 plus mph.
Auhh...does this mean I don't have a 120mph car, or may be the right lane is reading wrong!?

SVT150- Dumping the clutch @ 3000rpm just bogged with 1.85's 60'. I cind of feather the clutch to ceep the rpm's above 3500 comming out of the hole, but try not to smash the throttle before the clutch is all the way out. I do smell a tiny hint of clutch after 2 back to back runs though.

Riaan
Zinc yellow 03
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I think a couple of weeks ago I told you your car had 11.6's in it hahahahah

The 5mph increase is a tad drastic though, it could be from wheelspin. You would be suprised what a small amount of wheelspin will do to mph and ET. When my car spins in 1-2 it will sometimes run 119-120 when it hooks on a clean pass and good shifts it run 122 all the time and an occasional 123.

Congrats on the times. Keep it up!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looking at your times, I still have a lot to learn from the pro's!!!
1.64 60' Whauww. Are you still running your stock clutch?

Thanx
Riaan

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Yep stock clutch, im not a pro by any means. I just do alot of experimenting and research.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts