Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to US131 at Martin to meet up with Haveight,Soap and his cousin for some test&tune on friday,it is always fun meeting up with good friends at the track. The temps were around 80 and the humidity around 50 percent which is not bad for a summer evening around here.On my 3rd pass after a 45min. cool down i made my 1st ever 11 second pass in my Cobra:blob and my good bud Soap has it on video!I have made quite a few changes to my car as of late and feel my car is running better now than it ever has.I launched at 1500 rpms and shifted normal no powershifting here i am not ready for that yet!My times are in my Sig. below.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Congrats man...another one in the 11's

Your car probably has alot more in it with some aggressive driving.

Congrats again

·
Registered
618 Posts
you earned it just hard work and getting behind the wheel and learning your combo, and taking the time to find the right combo with what you wanted to do to the car is what matters, Congrats:D

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply guys! Yes it felt very good to see my 1st 11 second pass especially during the summer months.I have been testing and retesting different CAI kits and idler pulley sizes at several different tracks to see what my car likes along with a few other changes recently and my car has picked up a solid 2mph in the 1/4! I have always been a dyno person having to dyno every mod i get but i can tell you that the track is where it counts because some mods i dyno do not show up on the dyno but show up at WOT going down the track.

Soap,
Where is that new secret mod i am suppose to test for you!:hammer

·
Senior Citizen Member
5,058 Posts
Now you will be disappointed when you DON'T run in the 11's !!

Keep on enjoying the ride. And, send me some of that humidity.
Come to think of it, I'll also take some of that temp !!!

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Congrats on the 11.....:D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Jeff welcome to ModularFords! I am glad to hear you still have your Lightning,are you still racing the local FunFord events?

·
Registered
924 Posts
I'm not running the fun ford events this year just the nmra events leaving for atco in the morning hopefully the rain will hold off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts