Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Damn Jim thats lite, My car weighs 3600 with me in it. Im about an even 200lbs. What have you done to pull some weight out?

Pete

·
Registered
810 Posts
Jim is that what you pull out of the car in race trim, What I mean is , its not a daily driver , you have another car to drive right?
Ive stayed away from the tubular K-members b/c Ive heard for everyday use there a little rough on the suspension. The car doesn't feel as smooth on street.
Eventually , by next summer, Ill buy another car ,probably an f-250 super crew, then Ill look into making it lighter and remove some things.
Until then its my daily driver.

Pete

·
Registered
810 Posts
Man , thats awesome. Thats exactly what is most impressive of having a 10 sec GT that you actually drive everyday. Not your race car that subs as a daily driver . You know what I mean?
My car I drive everyday b/c I to have no other cars at this time. Best feeling was to drive 120 miles to Moroso for test and tune night(Thats 120 miles one way) unload my slicks from a friends truck ,put them on , line up next to a 66 vette with a big block and narrowed with a huge racing cam and exhaust that I couldn't even hear my car during the burnout, and when the light comes down treeing him and never did he catch me. The look on his face back on the staging lanes says it all.
Thats when all the hard work , hours of trial and error pays off.

Pete.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Both of you guys are bumming me out! I'm starting to feel like the short fat kid that doesn't get picked until last! Seriously though, both are bad rides and I'm looking forward to seeing them both down the road. Pete, I guess I'll be seeing you at Moroso next month. Hopefully before it gets too cool I'll be able to play with you guys!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Hey dont sweat it. Everyone has a different starting point.
Im following behind Jim's footsteps, asking him questions on what has worked best for his car. Thats what these forums are all about." Knowledge is Power".
You've already have all the pieces to start you project. Now is whent the fun begins!
Ive already started to install my fuel system and an 8 rib pulley kit with a 2.75 pulley. Don't no how much boost Ill see, but we think it might be in its happy zone and take off, maybe 18 to 20lbs. I might drop to a 4.10 gear all depends next time out how she crosses the traps. Ill let you know and Ill post some pics of the install.

·
Registered
28 Posts
with the 8rib 2.75 pulley you will see more than 20psi with a power pipe, with a 3.00 pulley from ASP i have seen 20psi!!
Jim- i just took the crank, water pump, & tensioner pulleys from a 5.4 truck block, and then ordered the alt., A/C, from ford and had to call vortech to get a 8rib idler, cheapest way i found! but when i put the 8rib on my car i am running the 3.25 pulley, making at the most 17-18psi with a power pipe!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Yea, I was just about to say that most of the pulley's are Ford pulley's except for the tensioners.
NastyStage2, with a 3.0 and Powerpipe you see 20psi's, Wow what rpms are you buzzing the motor to see that boost level.

Pete.

·
Registered
28 Posts
that car that made 20psi with the 8rib 3.00" pulley, did that with ported and polished heads, and an SVO intake that was port matched to the heads with an accufab throttle body! spun the motor up to 6500 and made 21psi.... car will goto 7000......
so i figured that since he has them heads and intake i will use the 3.25 and hoping to make atleast 18 with stock heads and stock intake, but if not i have a 3.00 for back up!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Ok, Just wondering, b/c Ive seen 15psi , but Im only buzzing the motor 6100 to 6200 since Im running out of fuel. Now with the new fuel system in , Ill be turning it up to 6800 to 7200 all depends on where the power curve starts to come down.
My motor was built to turn 7500 if I wanted , but I rather turn it 6800 to 7000 if everything works out fine.
I think you'll be around 17psi with the 3.00 , I dont think a 3.25 will give you that much boost at 6500, but I could be wrong.
Are you also running a Intercooler?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Yea , thats probably why, I figure with an intercooler I lose about 1 to 1.5 psi's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts