Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I thought you guys would like to know I ran a new best at LF last sat. I did so, however, without the assistance of aftermarket computer programming (chip, reflash, programmer, predator, whatever). I was going to have Jim reburn my flip chip that I had bought almost a year ago off of NLOC saturday morning since I recently added long tubes and stuff. Well at first he thought it was a faulty chip and since they didnt bring any other flip chips with them, I got my backup chip that belongs to a local friend that demodded his truck. To make a long story short, he had some problems with his software and basically rendered both chips unusable. After trying all the single program chips he brought with him, he pretty much gave up on it. So I was left with 2 options. Dont race (BLAH, who likes that option right) or race with a stock ABU2 computer. So I put 3 gallons of Tolulene in with my 3 gallons of 91 (best gas I could find on the trip up) and then put 5 gallons of 101 in it and hit the track. During the S/L racing on my Nittos, I ran a best of [email protected] After I got eliminated in the first rd I went and bolted the ET Streets on and changed the 2.93 upper for my 2.80 on my metco setup for the time trials and grudge racing that was to begin after the classes were completed and awards given out.

First pass on the ET Streets (26x11.5x16) I ran a [email protected] with a 1.749 60'. Needless to say I was in some serious disbelief that the truck did that because it felt like a dog. The tq reduction on the 1-2 shift on ET Streets SUCKS! lol You dont ever think its going to recover. Plus the 5100rpm shifts dont allow the truck to spin the eaton up alot. Ran pretty quick afterwards and went 1[email protected] with a 1.76 60'.

Needless to say I was on the edge most likely with a 6# lower and the 2.80 upper pulley and the stock computer, but I couldnt find anybody to borrow a ABU2 chip from that had similar mods as I. I still feel the setup I have has low 12s in it even without racing at Cecil! :D

·
Registered
352 Posts
Still impressive Frank, good job.

What was the elevation of that track in Kansas btw?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts