New best:
R/T-.574
60'-2.275
330'-6.069
1/8 ET-9.053
1/8 MPH-82.86
1/4 ET-13.640
1/4 MPH-107.34

It was much hotter today than it was last time. Only change to the car was that I yanked the front swaybar.

All runs made w/ 2.73s, bone stock suspension and the same bald tires. Launched from idle. Part throttle in 1st and shifted to 2nd at 5K to avoid spinning. All other shifts were about 6700.

If I get traction and can cut sub 2 second 60's, I should be in the 12s (I think). I'm reaching for 12s with the stock gears.

Here's my excellent traction:rolleyes: :

Darren

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Well your R/T and 1/4 improved quite a bit. Keep practicing and get some sticky tires. I think you have allot left in that car.;)

Razor.

·
Registered
302 Posts
does your car have 2.73's or 3.27's? I thought the 4.6 cars all came with 3.27's.

Get some sticky tires and that time will drop tremendously.:)

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Tony 96 Cobra said:
does your car have 2.73's or 3.27's? I thought the 4.6 cars all came with 3.27's.

Ya if you have 2:73's and want to upgrade, I have a set of 3:27's that I can sell you dirt cheap.:D

Razor.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tony 96 Cobra said:

My car was special (if you want to call it that...). It has the 248a (aka GTS) option (delete) package. It's came from the factory without a spoiler, electric windows, power locks, foglights, ABS, cruise control, 16" pony rims, etc. Basically it's the 'LX' of the sn95 cars. And with that, came the crappy 2:73s:rolleyes:

Once I get some non car related stuff taken care of, the next mod is a built up rear end w/ 4:30s, Eaton diff, 31 spline axles, etc... And then ET Streets/Drags:D

Darren

·
Registered
302 Posts
4V_GTS said:
My car was special (if you want to call it that...). It has the 248a (aka GTS) option (delete) package. It's came from the factory without a spoiler, electric windows, power locks, foglights, ABS, cruise control, 16" pony rims, etc. Basically it's the 'LX' of the sn95 cars. And with that, came the crappy 2:73s:rolleyes:

Once I get some non car related stuff taken care of, the next mod is a built up rear end w/ 4:30s, Eaton diff, 31 spline axles, etc... And then ET Streets/Drags:D

Darren
That is cool, I was unaware that was available in 96. I thought they just did that for 95. hmm, learn something new everyday.:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
I thought all 94-98 came with 2.73's no matter what size engine.....I am pretty sure I am right......I believe they finally got 3.27's in 99+.

·
Registered
3 Posts
97 GT here and mine came with a 3.27 If you look on the rear cover you will see a tag with a code on it...mine says 3L27 (3.27)

Chad

·
Registered
302 Posts
BlueVenomGT said:
I thought all 94-98 came with 2.73's no matter what size engine.....I am pretty sure I am right......I believe they finally got 3.27's in 99+.
Your wrong John....:D 2.73's and 3.08's were available to the foxes, and the 93 Cobra got 3.27's, I think... and from there out the had 3.27's or 3.08's.. if I am not mistaken... all the 4.6 cars got 3.27's:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't think so.....I know the cobras came with 3.27....but I am pretty sure....unless its special ordered....all 94-98 GT's came with 2.73's. But I'm no guru so Hell I maybe wrong.....and don't ever use my name again TONY!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Went back to the track today w/ my new BFG DRs:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

LAST run of the night:
R/T- .519
60'- 2.245
330'- 5.858
1/8 ET- 8.769
1/8 MPH- 85.09
1/4 ET- 13.323
1/4 MPH- 107.89

My best 60' was 2.245 so I know that is my missing link. Hopefully the gears will solve that.

I also need to work on my burnout. This was my first time ever running a "sticky" tire and I don't think my burnouts were long enough because I still spun from 2K launch. However it really hooked up in second were I used to spin like crazy...

BTW, this is on 100% stock suspension, 2:73s, and 255/50/16 BFGs

Darren

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Your ET improved but your 60ft times stayed the same. That definitely shows it's hooking better in second, but first gear needs more work. My suggestion is to lower the tire pressure to 15psi, heat them up really good by doing a burnout in the water box for 10 seconds holding it at 5500-6000 rpms, then launch at 3k and slip the clutch out. I'm no drag radial warrior myself but that should improve your times a bit. Good job man!;)

Razor.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks. I had the DRs at 14psi, but like I said, I need to either practice doing burnouts or just buy a line loc. From what people tell me, BFG DRs, are supposed to hook like glue. I just didn't heat them up enough (I dont think)

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
4V_GTS said:
Thanks. I had the DRs at 14psi, but like I said, I need to either practice doing burnouts or just buy a line loc. From what people tell me, BFG DRs, are supposed to hook like glue. I just didn't heat them up enough (I dont think)
Well that could very well be the case. I too have heard that BFG's hook well. I know that if I drop my nitto's below 15psi then they will cup in the middle causing loss of contact patch. That's why I stay at 16psi to be safe. Maybe someone with BFG knowlege could shed some light on this.

Razor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
4V GTS, what track did you go to? Wish you would have called i would have met you there for some fun.:D

If your interested i will be going up to Sac raceway on april 4th for there 12hr test-n-tune day. Hoping to hit 11's n/a with bolt-on's.:cool:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Calwyglfer said:
4V GTS, what track did you go to? Wish you would have called i would have met you there for some fun.:D

If your interested i will be going up to Sac raceway on april 4th for there 12hr test-n-tune day. Hoping to hit 11's n/a with bolt-on's.:cool:
I usually go to Carlsbad. Track isn't too good, but I get alot of runs in and the weather/altitude is usually pretty good. Everytime I go to California Speedway, I only get like 3 runs in b/c of all the 17sec imports out there.

I probably can't go up to Sacramento, b/c I have to work as much as possible to pay off a couple tickets I've gotten in the last few months.

I was planning on going to the track this Saturday, but I have to get my wisdom teeth pulled on Friday afternoon:( so I doubt I will be doing much of anything.

Good luck hitting 11s. I'm still trying for 12s n/a with DRs and the 2.73s in the rear... I'll call you up for sure next time I go to the track.

Darren

1 - 18 of 18 Posts