Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted this on every board I go to....but, rather than tack it on to the Crower Valve Spring thread......

Manny Alvarez and Jeremy picked the parts for me based on their experience with nitrous prior to going to the ProCharger, I put the engine together myself over the summer. I only ran an 11.47 on a 100 shot in True Street trim last weekend. This week I put the ET Drags back on and took the exhaust off and put in the 150 jets and, after a quick trip to the dyno for tuning, went to Penwell (West Texas) on Friday night for a little thin air test and tune....

In 4036 feet density altitude air, I ran an 11.08 at 122.4 mph with a 1.44 60' on the first hard pass on a 150 shot in my itty bitty Ford convertible. I'll have it in the 10s in cooler air even at the 3000 ft altitude. I am one happy dude. Ecstatic Old Guy.

Joe Lynch

·
Registered
226 Posts
Awesome times Joe. Congrats. Now bring that beast to the east coast here, say Cecil County or Atco and that will be a 10.60 run.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hey Joe,

I saw in another post, I believe on the Corral, that you just reset your ECM for an 8000rpm rev limiter. Were you turning it to 8K in those runs?

When I had Modular Performance rebuild my engine I wanted higher RPM's, but ended up settling for 7500 with the FR500 cam kit just for the bang for the buck.

Me and the guys at the shop were talking about how much of a sleeper your car must be on the street. Do you run stock Cobra wheels when you're not at the track? That's got to be a lot of fun :)

Good videos.. keep 'em comin'!

Take care,
Brad

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ashley--thanks. I have lots of stuff done to the suspension because I struggled with the IRS for so long, that, when I switched, I made sure it was going to hook. HPM uppers and lowers, welded axle tubes, 4.56 gear and a Detroit Locker, Superior 31 spline axles, QA1 adjustable shocks, air bags, GT springs and GT rear sway bar. Front is an AJE crossmember, Tokico 5 way adjustable drag struts, V6 springs, no sway bar, Pro-Star wheels front and rear, ET Fronts, ET Drags, but the little ones, 26x10/15 with 12 psi air, no tubes, no screws.

Brad--
The rev limiter is defeated with a JMS Autologic chip. No one else has figured out how to defeat it. Launch on the "slow video was at 7200 and the shifts were 7800-8000 by the recording tachometer I have.

Joe

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I made a video of the recording tachometer playback of the 11.08 run. It is kinda cool.....

http://www.anythingcars.com/users/jlynch/pentach.mpg

I launched at 6.2k and shifted at 8k. By the way, I had absolutely no problems shifting the Spec Stage 3 clutch and a stock T-45 at 8k.

Joe

·
Banned
900 Posts
Awesome Joe, congrats! Very well deserved.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Dayum Joe, youve come a long ways since 1999 and the flashing inside the intakes:blob

Congrat :king

1 - 12 of 12 Posts