Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My previous best was [email protected], and [email protected] on DR's. The DR's 60ftd 1.91 and and the F1's did 1.90.

I did run 97mph in the 1/8th. I usually run high 95's and low 96's. I would of liked to of seen 122 out of it, but there is always next time.

Nothing was changed from last time out except icing the blower a tad more in between runs and going from a Gates 745 belt to a 740 belt from NAPA. The weather was also hotter, mid 60's last time and it was in the mid to upper 70's today. Hot day in alaska for us.

Really impressed with these cars and the mods I have. AC, street tires 120mph+ traps. I love it.

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Too bad they dont let out track stay open in the fall here with the temps in the 30-40 degree range like some of the lower 48 tracks. Its always 75 here at the track. It closes sept 1st. Last year it was in the mid 70's in mid september still.

·
Registered
250 Posts
This weekend was the first time I had my car out on the track....and the first time this year for me. I have a lot of appreciation for the numbers you pulled....especially on F1s. I could not come close to gluing the rubber to the track for any respectible passes. My hats off to you!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
97 in the 1/8 is hauling the mail, I dont know why but for some reason Rob Raymers car comes to mind running 98 in the 1/8 a while back and his car had upper and lower pulleys, longtubes, sticky tires and every avail. mod there was out there, your car is flying for the mods, I am more impressed with your 97 in the 1/8 than anything. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yah 97 astounded me as well. Im originally from Kentucky and that is all I ran when I was in high school was 1/8th mile tracks.

Wish it would of ran 122-123, I think I know why it doesnt pick up mph big on the top end is because of the tune. On my dyno run the A/F falls off quick and steep past 5000 from about 11.2 to 10.5 by 6200, that is a majority of where your time is spent if you shift at 6000 car falls off down to about 4800-4900.

My tuner is gettin another program for me and we are gonna try it out and see if it makes some more power. I have tried 5-6 different programs and this one seems to make the most power for some reason.

Im halfway afraid to change the program because the car is running sweet as hell right now. I think next mod will be a good catback or Throttle body. Im tempted to take this stock exhaust/straightpipe setup along for the journey, just dont know if its holdin me back, if any. Ive seen guys loosin tq from an Xpipe vs catted X, dunno if I want to risk that.

Startin to think this is car is a freak, it does stuff that just doesnt make since.

·
Registered
9 Posts
great run!!!!!!!!
i ran two passes over 123 last wednesday.but my fastest pass only went 115.50.i don't under stand and my car only goes between 93.40 and 94 in 1/8th.i believe the belt was slipping on the 115.50 pass.because the other passes were 121.95/123.12/123.72.again great job you can really drive on f'1's
i'm going to try nitto dr's this wednesday.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Broke hows your car run compared to Alaskin's on the street, I read a post a while back about you 2 were gonna run from a roll on the interstate, does your car pull harder or are they real close. I didnt know your car was that fat up top, I would think that would be why your car isnt in the 123 -124 range, I wouldnt be scared to keep everything the same in the chip only have the tuner take some fuel out up top.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The only other 2 cars up here that are really quick are the shop that tunes for me, and his car is having issues.

I havent played with sonic03's car. He makes more HP that me, 462whp and a tad less tq, so in all reality he should pull me if you take out the driver. He doesnt powershift. I do, so that might make a difference.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think if we did a one gear pull to redline I think that would be a good test...my car traps at nearly 121mph with broke7 driving...I put down 462hp/458trq. I have the exhaust adcantage and he has the boost on me...he ran a 4.9 33ft time in my car...not sure what his car runs in the 330...the most my car has trapped in the 1/8th is 96.4mph...our cars are close..as long as he is driving...I might be going 2.80 here pretty soon. Can't afford a retuned chip now though, we'll see. Broke7 you are more than welcome to my BFG's on Saturday...just let me know.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Yea Alaskin you should try the 2.80 and get Broke7's tune and see if your mods like the Billetflow and Offroad X and Catback pay off with a little better numbers. But as you said if both off you guys ran one gear, say third gear to redline and shut them down that would take the driving factor out because no shifts would be made, I would be interested in hearing about the results I bet the cars would be close!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts