Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went to Steele Saturday for the INTERNET GATHERING IV and had between 105-115 cars which was a good turnout considering the morning started out 24 degrees .

We put a 20 hp dryshot on the car the day before to cool off the boost a lil . On my first pass I only hit the N2O half way through fourth gear only to test the kit out.

Here it is

60ft 1.475
330ft 4.381
660ft 6.752
mph 102.00
1/4 10.511
mph 134.60:shocked

Thats the only gull pass we made b/c the belt tensioner broke on the launch ,so we got a new upgraded steel one on the way

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey Brian,
How much timing are you running on your tune? (with 20 lbs) Also, how did you hook up that shot of nitrous? Did you spray it thru the mass air or after the blower?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steve we are running the old NOS #05115 dry kit. We have it plumbed into the vortech discharge elbow coming out of the back of the blower right about where Vortech put their name in the pipe. We did not use a T for the fuel pressure regulator.

All we are trying to do is cool off the air coming in, not make a bunch of hp with the N2O and kill the motor yet .

I am running a 4-1 fmu with a 3.125" pulley turning 7800 rpms on all shifts and launching at 6500 rpms.

My timing is set at 19.5 degrees from when I put the 3.33 " pulley back on it back in January 2002 and had JMS tune the car . It made 558 rwhp at 7300 rpms with 17 psi and we haven't changed tunes since the pulley swap and nitrous.

Since going to the 3.125" pulley our last 7 out of 8 passes have all been between 10.509 and 10.578 all at 131 .

We are going back this weekend if the rain holds out and try to get a 10.20 or so at 136-137 spraying in all 4 gears , should be a wild ride if it hooks hehe

Hope this helps

take care

·
Registered
173 Posts
Man, thats crazy!!! Good luck at the strip. I have talked with Chad and a few other people about my aftercooler. I assume you are making those #'s without any cooler at all? Do you ever worry about the intake temps, or do you just let it set a good while before passes? Chad said he thinks i should just ditch it and not run one. I would, but I dont want to hurt anything. Just scared of having to rebuild again. I made 538 with 16 psi through the cooler(Ice in it) I kinda think my motor should have made more, but I'm gonna get it ot Randy to see what he can do with it. What would be your opinion on the aftercooler? Do you think it is hurting more than helping? I have since changed to an 8 rib and see 19 psi thru the cooler still.
BTW, Chad, by no means am I saying I dont trust you, I'm just hesitant to take it off and run all that boost(20 psi).
Just trying to get input from other High HP modular guys about what I could do to make more power. Any input is appreciated.

thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steve ,
I would ditch the aftercooler if you wanna run good and make good power . I have always thought the aftercooler was kinda like a cork in the airflow system.

I usually wait 1.5 hrs between runs , icing the intake,power pipe and alum discharge pipe down real good.

Cya

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Im non intercooled,I run race gas tho..Vortech will tell you its a restriction after 15psi..
I do the same as Brain,ice down everything for about an hour before I make another run.

Tim

·
Registered
173 Posts
Tim,
I beleive in another post, i read that you run the bullitt elbow and inlet tube. Is it bigger than the normal S-trim elbow? I just want to make sure that the pipe going from the 90 degree elbow to the throttle body is aluminum.(like the paxton one is)
Also, anybody want to take a guess how much boost it will make with the same pulley, but without the aftercooler. It pushes 19 psi through the cooler now!!! Think i should get a mondo bypass with that kind of boost? Right now, I have a vortech mini race bypass.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got the tensioner form Ford , it is the steel replacement for the alum one that came on my car .

We got the tensioner on and used a 112" belt with the 3.125" pulley which was a pain to get on but we handled it

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Steve its larger.It is 3 inch just like the outlet of the JT..The strim is 2 1/2 tubing.
Get a Mondo.You'll need it to save those belts.

Tim

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks Tim,
I am going to the track tomorrow in Rockingham,NC. Gonna run it like it is and see what happens, then look into ditching the cooler. :blob

Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts