Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the track tonight and ran my best times despite the shitty track conditions:

11.771 @ 122.05 w/1.910 60'
11.596 @ 121.47 w/1.800 60'
11.515 @ 122.56 w/1.776 60' (1/8 mph was 97.38)

MJ

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vector said:
Nice times.

Just wondering what is the elevation for the track you run at?

And when do you hit the spray?
90' ASL

I hit the spray out of the hole....use my MAFterburner STAGE2 to activate the solenoids at WOT and between 3200rpm and 6360rpm. Works like a champ!

MJ

·
Registered
110 Posts
mjchip said:
90' ASL

I hit the spray out of the hole....use my MAFterburner STAGE2 to activate the solenoids at WOT and between 3200rpm and 6360rpm. Works like a champ!

MJ
Can you please tell me your exact setup? This sounds like something Im interested. What did you run pre-nitrous?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crazy685 said:
Can you please tell me your exact setup? This sounds like something Im interested. What did you run pre-nitrous?
I'm running a 75hp dry shot in the intake piping between the MAF and the TB. I'm using a set of 55lb/hr injectors, a BAP, and the MAFterburner STAGE2 to handle the fuel enrichment. I'm also running 17psi of boost and an Afterburner-eFPC (no chip).

MJ

·
1st Whipple in the 10's
2,685 Posts
A few ?'s

Are you on Et streets/slicks

you give fill time slip info

Wow MJ how does the car react to the hit or does it come on soft?

A buddy of mine Z06 is spraying 100-125 wet shot and its jsut about pointless in 1 gear 2 gear 3rd it will hold and start to put it down

his car puts down 375/380 at the wheels off the spray

Thanks for any info

Jeff

·
Registered
67 Posts
Im sure that in first it is pretty much useless........with a 50-75 hit I am sure that 600-700ftlbs of tq. is going to roast any tire!!! Second gear probably finally starts to grip late in the RPM and in 3rd its totally gripped and just pulling crazy hard like these 03's do. Im just guessing though........Im just hoping that will be me someday very soon.

Andrew

·
Registered
374 Posts
Mark,

Nice times. I hope I can top that soon :) I called kb and they said it shipped.

I wonder how anal ned is about going faster than 11.5 Any plans for a roll bar/cage?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vector said:
A few ?'s

Are you on Et streets/slicks

BFG 315DRs on AFS 10.5 wheels and 1" H&R wheel spacers

you give fill time slip info

R/T: .357
60': 1.776
330: 4.882
1/8: 7.458
MPH: 97.38
1000: 9.671
1/4: 11.515
MPH: 122.56

Wow MJ how does the car react to the hit or does it come on soft?
I have my WOT switch set to about 85% throttle so I feather it out of the hole and refrain from crossing that threshold until the car hooks. When it kicks in, if the track prep is good, the car pulls like a freight train.

A buddy of mine Z06 is spraying 100-125 wet shot and its jsut about pointless in 1 gear 2 gear 3rd it will hold and start to put it down

If the track isn't prepped well and I mat it right off the line, the car will just spin like crazy.

his car puts down 375/380 at the wheels off the spray

Thanks for any info

Jeff
With a 150hp shot, that ZO6 must be making sick torque also....those LS1s love the juice.

MJ

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Crazy685 said:
what nitrous kit are you running?
It's a hodge-podge of components from NX, NOS, JEGS, Summit, and the fuel systems mods that I already mentioned. The base kit is the NX Ford EFI STAGE1 kit with the Gen2X upgrade. I am running this as a DRY setup however.

MJ

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bassin247 said:
Mark,

Nice times. I hope I can top that soon :) I called kb and they said it shipped.

I wonder how anal ned is about going faster than 11.5 Any plans for a roll bar/cage?
Thanks. Glad to hear that your blower has shipped.

Last night a buddy was there running his Nova on motor and when I pulled off my 11.59, he ran an 11.54. He was warned not to dip down faster but I wasn't warned. I also wasn't warned on my 11.515 run but I have a feeling that I just slipped through the cracks. I plan on doing a 6-pt bar this winter along with some ET streets.

MJ

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
postban said:
Damn good times!

I hear giggle gas whispering to me..............
Thanks man. A good driver could probably take this combination down much more. I'm granny shifting it the whole way. I'd say that with the same tire/wheel combination, good track prep, and a little cooler air and 11.30s are doable for me. Gotta get that roll bar.

Anyone have experience with Wolf Racecraft roll bars? How about Autopower?

MJ

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Injector Dude said:
Great Times Mark!!!! Glad to see the 55's are working out for you.
Thanks Alan! I've been meaning to make a post about this. Folks, one of the keys to getting my combination to work flawlessly without any chip is the 55lb/hr Siemens Deka injectors (available from the Injector Dude himself). I had been experiencing weird hesitation running 50lb/hr ball-and-seat style injectors at high pressure. Intensive datalogging revealed that the injectors would lock shut under high pressure spike that occured with rapid changes in manifold vacuum/pressure (i.e. launch and gear shifts). The wideband in my car would show the car go instantly lean and the pressure go to 78psi and just hold there. Just for the record let me state the following:

1. I'm running a 4lb upper pulley and a 6lb lower (actually around a 5lb) and making 17psi (18psi on a cold night)
2. I'm running a 75hp dry shot after the MAF
3. I'm NOT running a chip or a reflash....totally stock YHD1 PCM calibration.
4. I'm running the stock MAF and 55lb/hr SD injectors
5. All fuel/nitrous control is handled by our eFPC and MAFterburner
6. The driveability of this combo is same as stock!!!

As someone wise once said....."It's all in the combo."
MJ

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
I'm installing my dry kit this week hopefully, what jet setting are you using so I can get a baseline of what to start with. I hoping for an end result of about 100hp extra, any info would be great.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Way to go Mark, good to see it all coming together.

Arthur

1 - 20 of 22 Posts