Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't impressive for most of you.. but I am excited and thought I would share!

12.99 w/ a 1.79 60 ft on ET Streets.. no MPH.. the system was messing up.. but the times are correct..

I went:

13.11 w/ a 1.97 60ft launching at 3500 18psi (tire pressure)
13.22 w/ a 1.98 60ft launching at ?? not sure, light caught me off guard 16 psi
13.07 w/ a 1.89 60ft launching at 4500 16 psi
13.05 w/ a 1.83 60ft launching at 4500 14 psi
12.99 w/ a 1.79 60ft launching at 5000 12 psi

I decided not to push my luck or stock rearend and t45 any further than that...:D

The car only has 4.10's, O/R H pipe, 2-chamber Flows, and Underdrive pulleys..

hope this is detailed enough...:D

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
VERY nice going Tony! I wish you had the MPH, that would tell us more about the passes, but regardless that is great. You have a quite a bit more in it from the 60ft alone! Good luck

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, the best I can do is that a couple weeks ago I was turning [email protected] on street tires.. w/ a 2.1 (i think) 60ft..

My first pass.. the clocks were down completely and I went against a guy I know, and he runs consistant 13.0's at 106 on motor.. when we ran I jumped him about a car right out of the hole and he never caught me..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I think the best I did with my car stock with 4.10's was 13.50 @ 105mph 2.1660ft the best I remember. If you drop in a set of 4.56's and use slicks, you will be DEEP in the 12's!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I am going to change out to 4.56's and build my rear at the same time... I am wanting to change my suspension to better accomodate the strip. I have steeda sport springs now and that car was hoping all over the place to the 60 ft...lol.. but when it bit.. it bit!:D

Now I gotta put my Pro-M MAF back on.. But I don't think I will be making many hard passes like that until I get the rear built...

I think B. Cosby's article gave me the needed motivation to break it or run 12's...lol.. j/k...

BTW, Bob, if you see this.. it was a great article, I printed it out and I am making everyone read it! :D

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Those are nice #'s Tony. The best I could manage with the exact same mods and on radials was a [email protected] My 60ft. times were in the 2.0 range. I believe track prep had much more to do with my 60 footers than my lame driving skills.:D Keep up the good work man.

Razor.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Our local track (Hallsville Raceway) has recently been purchased by a guy from the Denton, TX area.. He has been making sure so far that we have lots of programs for everyone and the track prep is always top notch. Just yesterday, the power went out at the track and while we were wating for the electric company to get it going again; we had some old school racing going on w/ a Flagger standing at the tree and waving us off.. that was pretty cool too. :D Only bad thing about that was I know that was one of my best passes of the day.. the car had been sitting for about two hours cooling off..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts