Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys , i went to an east coast stang track rental yesterday and got a bunch of new bests , despite a bad clutch. my clutch has been acting up for about 2 weeks now. it was a little tight shifting it and if i tryed to powershift , i couldnt really hit the gear.

at atco yesterday, everytime i launched the car , the clutch would slip and then i would miss gears over and over again. the only clean runs i got were hotlapping after missed gear runs.anyway here are some of the runs.

11.52 @ 121.54 with 1.75 60'

11.54 @ 120.84 with 1.75 60'

11.59 @ 121.58 with 1.75 60'

11.62 @ 122.54 with 1.76 60'

11.73 @ 120.22 with 1.86 60'

11.78 @ 120.61 with 1.87 60'

i also had 2 11 sec. missed gear runs 11.92 and 11.96.

i know those 60' times dont sound like theres a problem with the clutch , but trust me its slipping bad. to give you an example , i ran jay (blwn03's car) with 275 nitto's which dont hook as good as the 315/30/18 bfg's i have and i ran 1.65 - 1.68 60's with his car 4 times.

anyway, this was my first track rental and it was great. you pretty much get to do whatever you want and i had a really good time with all the guys from eastcoaststangs.com, a bunch of cool guys.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well, both you and the car seem to be consistent! Nice #'s.

Question for you, is the shifter worth replacing, do you notice a big difference shifting?

John

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
John..You had awesome day..You can row with the best of them...:D

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hey John,

Keep making excuses, you sound like other people. Run what ya brung, amd hope ya brought enough.

Just messing with ya....it's my turn now, Pal.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lethal - yes , i do recommend a shifter, you can definately feel a difference.

jim v. - thanx alot jim, i wish i could have taken your car down the track and pull of an 11.20 @ 124+ ;)

solidsnake - no excuses bro - i brought a blown clutch. lol im happy with the #'s still. :p

·
Registered
577 Posts
John,

Needless to say, you have got to be one of the best if not THE BEST driver on this forum. I am sure some will disagree, but how can you argue with the fact that John ran better times with OTHER PEOPLE'S CARS, first time down the track. That's so unbelievable, its almost UNBELIEVABLE!!!! But I am sure the East Coast Stang dudes that you helped would attest to this. Keep driving like a maniac man, you are damn sure doing something right. If I were a vendor, I would sponsor the hell out of you man. Why don't ya give Jim Bell or Ken Christley a call and see if you can swing a Kenne Bell blower for free, and then do some publicity stunts and pull off low 10's. It would be well worth it.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
solidsnake - thank you very much for those kind words. that was really cool of you to give me props like that. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts