Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok peoples..thought maybe you guys could help....i have been looking at a new car for a while...and have decided between 2 cars...dont laugh u guys..the choices are mitsubishi lancer evolution and mach one....the evo handles better and has lower insurance rates..the mach one has more power potential.....and is all motor....i want a nice fast daily driver....and they are both limited availability.........i love my cobra..but was looking for a change...too many mustangs.......but for some reason i'm just drawn to them. i would like to hear from some mach one owners....i was in the evo forums and they brag about 12's like its some amazingly hard thing to hit....i would think a good set of slicks and a bolt on here or there the mach one would be in 12's no prob....so guys let me know...i need some opinions

·
Registered
660 Posts
I think both are good options. If I could only have one I'd take the Mach b/c it's a Ford but the Evo's are going to have a HUGE aftermarket following. Plus AWD means you won't have problems in any weather conditions. (I had traction problems with my Cobra on the track this weekend due to rain so that's something to think about)
I think you'll be happy with either. Just take them for a ride and whichever feels nicer should take care of you. :D

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive been following the aftermarket for the evo's for a few weeks....and the mustangs for years..i mean i do drive a 99 cobra...shes been givin me problems...and i wanna get back into a daily driver with a warranty...the aftermarket for the EVO...seems a bit more limited..and a lot more expensive...besides i think the 03 mach will look great next to my 71 mach (429 cj)

·
Registered
9 Posts
the Evo's are going to have a HUGE aftermarket following.
I'm positive this is true. BUT, how much power do you think the EVO can take AND maitain some semblance of reliability? Heck you can easilly add boost but its already running 19lbs stock. Already has gun drilled cams, hollow valves, forged pistons and a large intercooler.

Don't get me wrong, its a cool little car. Beat the 03 Cobra in 5 out of 9 tests in the latest M/T "Speeding!" June 2003 in cluding 0-60. Even beat a Ferrari and Lambo on a couple of the tests. I just don't think there is much you will be able to do to it and keep it running. Now the Mach 1 on the other hand?????

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was more lookin for mach one owners opinions of their cars...these dealerships wont let you drive them without buyin them...

·
Registered
660 Posts
That's such crap. If anyone pulled that on me I'd walk and then drive the other mach one up and say ''F you!'' Buncha stuck up snobs. Let them keep their car and go buy one from somebody else. That's junk.

sorry... [/off soabox] :)

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
they said it was for the future owners of the car...like they are going to sell it without them driving it.........its not good enough that i already have an SVT product...hell they wouldnt even let me drive the svt focus.....well as of right now...my sensible side has me lookin at an f-150....the daily driven sports car is great on paper...but with insurance bein what it is..and gas being what it is....im thinkin a f-150 xl 4x4 with a v6 is going to suit me better....give me something to haul parts in and tow my 94 to the track with.....thanks for the replies :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Dude, get the Mach 1. That way I can have someone to whoop up on around town. J/K. But, seriously I would have to go with the Mach 1. ;)

Brandon

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well u can woop up on my 71 or the 94 im gettin...cause the 99 is just about traded in...and the mach one is too rich for my blood...ill just build cheap cars...what do udo around valdosta?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I can totally understand about the Mach 1. I wish I could get one for myself too. Just like you said. "Too Rich For My Blood". I am employed by CVS/Pharmacy. I work mainly on the road keeping shit straight in my district. Actually I am visiting Valdosta's store today and tomorrow. Then off to lala land again. PM me or something ,we can all get up sometimes and have a beer or 10. :D

Brandon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts