Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my clutch is toast and I'm looking for a better replacement. Something that will not chatter, and still have good holding. Right now I have a Hays clutch and Spec aluminum flywheel. Car is at 300rwhp, maybe going turbo in the next year. I've been looking at Ram HDX, Ford Racing, and 03-04 cobra replacements. Any opinions on those?

I know I need a new throwout bearing, but will I need a new cable too?

· Registered
14 Posts
If budget has anything to do with your choice, I would recommend a stock replacement 03/04 cobra clutch. That is what I went with this year and couldn't be happier. I have pulled 1.55 60' with it and it drives like stock! I got mine at advance auto parts and ordered it online using one of their coupons and got it for $170.

· Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If budget has anything to do with your choice, I would recommend a stock replacement 03/04 cobra clutch. That is what I went with this year and couldn't be happier. I have pulled 1.55 60' with it and it drives like stock! I got mine at advance auto parts and ordered it online using one of their coupons and got it for $170.
Yeah the Mcleod is out of my budget. I was looking at a an 03 cobra clutch. Do you remember which brand it was?

· Registered
2,993 Posts
Don't worry about the TOB. If the cable is adjustly correctly (asusming you have a firewall adjuster, in which you should), any TOB will work. Spec and Ford both use Timken manufactured bearings.

I would also go with the 03/04 Cobra clutch setup. It held over 500rwhp and 5800rpm clutch dumps all day on my old setup.

· Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I just purchased the 03-04 cobra clutch from the UPR link above. I have a flywheel that accepts both 10.5" and 11" clutches. I want to confirm that this 11" clutch will fit my 2000 GT (T45 originally 10.5" clutch) with no other modifications (input shaft size and all). Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.