Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:vomit: Has anyone seen the new Dodge SRT-10 truck w/ the 500 horses/500ft-lbs on torque, 6-speed, 0-100-0 time of 18 seconds .... basically a Viper with a truck body. Already claiming 'fastest production truck' status. Supposedly close to being on the showroom floor.

·
Registered
924 Posts
You can buy one if you want I'm sure the price is going to be in the upper 40K range. By the way welcome to the forum do you own a lightning ,cobra,mach 1 or something else?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SRT-10

Not looking to buy the Dodge, I rarely buy new vehicles. Have been looking for a Lightning recently. I suspect that SVT team will be working hard to beat the Dodge over time. The Dodge SRT-10 interior does not look as nice as the Lightning imo. The giant Viper motor is appealing; I could see buying one 2-3 years down the line.

·
Registered
375 Posts
NoisyCow said:
:vomit: Has anyone seen the new Dodge SRT-10 truck w/ the 500 horses/500ft-lbs on torque, 6-speed, 0-100-0 time of 18 seconds .... basically a Viper with a truck body.
I think we have all seen and heard about it for the last 2 yrs if not more. I personally am not a fan. Whether it is faster then the Lightning or not, the Gen2 Lightning will always be the nicest looking truck ever built in my honest opinion. I think the Dodge looks like a matchbox car. All squished up and fake looking at some angles. I say bring it. There will always be something or someone faster. If it has Dodge's horrible reliability I will not be worried much anyways. Chrysler products keep our shop in business. :) -Mat-

·
Registered
226 Posts
You can buy one if you want I'm sure the price is going to be in the upper 40K range.
I have a friend who is a viper owner and he gets a biweekly insider periodical from Dodge. In the last issue it stated the price will be between 55 and 60K. No bargain in my book.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Cobra99Dave said:
I have a friend who is a viper owner and he gets a biweekly insider periodical from Dodge. In the last issue it stated the price will be between 55 and 60K. No bargain in my book.
Ouch. To rich for my blood.

I bet i could break one of those things with a set of slicks and a 3K clutch dump.:evil

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Competition is great for all of us

Think if there were only ONE auto manufacturer in the sixties ... no innovation ... no fantastic cars ... same thing today. If no one had stepped up to the plate to challenge the Lightning, there would be no reason for Ford to substantially improve the Lightning over time.

On another note, I had the chance to buy a fairly stock but very nice 2001 Lightning for $24K, but thought the price was a little high (for nearly stock). Still looking. There is a silver Lightning on Ebay right now with $25K in mods, roll bar, etc, etc ... looks very slick, probably will go for $33K+

I love the low-profile appeal of most Lightnings. Go very fast, but don't attract as many cops and jealous types.

·
Registered
924 Posts
If you buy a lightning that one is the one to get already has everything and runs low 11's with a very safe tune . You would definitely be in the 10's with a good race tune. Also the owner is a member of this site.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts