Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an awesome new tool to aid in tunning. With this software I can datalog 10 parameters at a time for up to 45 secounds a run. Then after the run or dyno run I can print out a table or graft of 4 parameters at a time. This is cool because now I can log the IAT1 vs IAT2 and find out the difference between the inlet air temp at the MAF (IAT1) and the sensor under the intercooler (IAT2) this will aid in making my new intercooler parts more efficient.
These printouts and the dyno sheets with A/F will really help with pin pointing problems and really fine tuning these cars. I've been doing runs with our test car this week to see how different things interact like IAT2 and how it relates to timing retard, and at what points the EEC wants to control boost. I'm gathering a lot of data and also foung some things to improve on in my programs.

I'll bring my stuff to dyno day on the 15th so you can see what it does or if you would want to datalog your car.

Rick

·
Registered
510 Posts
Sounds really nice Rick!!! Congrats on the new tool.

·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NP Jerry I can get the whole setup for you for around $4500. It's all ford propritary stuff and it works great.

Rick

·
Registered
459 Posts
ACK! Must be the WDS tester.. too rich for my blood :) I did get to make 1 drag strip pass w/ one of those connected but sadly the problem I'm trying to track down didn't happen during that pass..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts