Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from JMS. I was hoping to make more power than I did. I though the 6 rib pulley system would be a problem, and it was. I have the JT trim with a 3.48 pulley (6 rib). I was only able to make 558rwhp/ 456rwtq with this set-up. I had alot of pulley slip because of the 6 rib, it only made 14-15 pounds of boost. I am putting on a 8 rib set-up next week and a 3.12 or 3.15 sc pulley and then I will try it again. Thanks, Jeff B. (1BAD98)

·
Registered
234 Posts
I am sure you will see a lot more boost with less pulley slip and the smaller pulley. Allthough 558 rwhp is pretty awesome!! :D I would be happy with that!!! :)

How much was it to upgrade to a JT trim from a s trim?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Jeff, don't sweat it bro, the smaller pulley is exactly the sure. I had a 3.33 8-rib when I went to CJ's and only seen 13-14psi also I guess due to the fact that we could not turn the car much over 7000. I think with this pulley it would have made 16-17psi at 7800 or so. good luck

·
Registered
339 Posts
Jeff....Making bigger numbers is just a matter of working out some details. You'll get it worked out.

However...even at your current "puny" power level, I'm sure you can handle anything around your home town that pulls up along side you to play.

·
Registered
28 Posts
numbers

Jeff,

Put that 8-rib on there and you'll see your HP/TQ increase!

What type inlet and discharge pipe did you find to fit the JT Trim to our 96-98 cobras? I was told the aluminum NOVI 2000 d/c pipe will fit. I am wondering if my houston Performance 4" inlet pipe will work with my JT Trim also.

Jeff R.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1. It cost about $2,200 to upgrade to the JT trim. 2. The Houston performance inlet pipe will work just fine, it has an adapter in the rubber tubing that will need to be removed. 3. The Novi 2000 discharge tube will not fit without some work, I got 2 and had a local shop cut and splice it until it fit. It is now polished and looks good. I will take some pics soon of the motor. I added a lot more shine to the motor. Thank, Jeff B. (1BAD98)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts