Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent all day at Razors Edge www.razorsedgemotorsports.com and tweaked the 'Snake a bit. I got rid of my 3.1 pulley for their 2.84/ 2.77 inter-changable kit, swapped their CAI for my Densecharger, as well as got some TR6's and Dyno-tuning. I spent a long time there, but you certianly get what you pay for and the time that you invest. Paul and Tim are great guys, but the secret is in the wrench turners, T.C. and Dave are excellent! The shop is great and there were so many Black SVT Vehicles there (8 at one point) that I was glad to add a little color, but not as much color as Paul's truck. There were too many Lightnings though, more '03 Snakes need to drop by and show the L's what up!

OK here is the break down:

Went in with: 3.1 pulley, Densecharger, Magna-Flow catted X, Mag Cat-Back.
Made: 397.2rwhp and 466rwtq (this is on a Mustang dyno, so #'s will be lower) This same combo made 435+/-rwhp on a Dyno-Jet a month before.

Left with: 2.77 pulley (We put the 2.77 pulley on becasue I don't want to take the chance of getting beat while running the bigger pulley and having a smaller one at home), REM CAI, Magna-Flow catted X, Mag Cat-Back.
Made: 410.6rwhp and 507.3rwtq

This car is truly a BEAST! Paul, Tim and crew, thanks a ton it's great to have a performance shop that does good QUALITY work.

Later
Jess

PS 3.1 Pulley and Denscharger for sale... Cheap

·
Registered
510 Posts
vic demone jr said:
YOUR BELT IS REALLY SLIPPING ALOT IN THE UPPER RPM, THATS WHY TQE SO HIGH AND HP SO LOW
For real man! You need to get either the SFPHQ 100mm idler pulleys, Billetflow belt wrap system, and or both to cure that belt slippage and recover some of that lost hp. Nice rwtq numbers though! :shocked

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
AmazonRacing said:
Keep in mind Paul uses a Mustang Dyno!! Those are some awesome numbers!!

Rick
Yeah, now if I can only get Paul to use the MAFterburner and eFPCs that he bought and get me some feedback...... :D j/k

As my dad says, "Boy, you'd make a helluva doctor with no patience (sic)."

MJ

P.S. Great numbers from a load-bearing dyno! You need to get yourself one of the new Billetflow idler setups. I believe that Rick can hook you up.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AmazonRacing said:
Keep in mind Paul uses a Mustang Dyno!! Those are some awesome numbers!!

Rick
Thanks Rick! Paul's guys checked my belt and said that it was fine and there were no signs of slippage, what size belt do you usually recommend for the 2.77 pulley? How can one determine that my belt is slipping at higher RPMs without looking at a dyno sheet? If you look the HP and TQ differences are proportional to what they were with the 3.1 pulley, does a Mustang Dyno just measure these things differently?

Thanks
Jess

1 - 7 of 7 Posts