Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made 3 pulls today. I am running whats in my sig and today the boost pressure was a constant 14-15psi.

The 1st pull i made was on street tune belt was slipping between 2500-4000rpm from what i gather from the dyno chart. Max Power SAE was 451.9HP and 464.8lb-ft.The A/F's were a tad on the rich side (going off the chart under 10-1) between 4300-5200 rpms and leveled out to 11.9-1 by 6400.

2nd pull, was street tune and i was a lil afraid to shoot it at 2500 rpm so i had him shoot it at 4500. MAX Power SAE 513Hp and 503 LB-FT. Oddly, the A/F's went WAY rich at 4500 (under 10-1)between 4300-5200 again! Leveled off around 12.2-1 at 6400 You can damn sure tell when the NOS kicks in by looking at the chart.

3rd pull, I switched to NOS tune and shot it at 3000rpm. Max Power SAE 509.3hp and 537 lb-ft. A/F's started out lean (14-1) at 3000 by 4500 they were down to 11-1 and at 6400 rpm they are at 12.2-1.

BTW, the NOS set-up im runnin is the Bottle in a bag set-up running the line straight into the air filter. I am runnin Compucars 39 jet which by there charts is for 4 cylinder applications. Around a 20 hp shot by there charts. Well if thats what the 20hp jet will do ( from 451hp to 513hp), i wonder what the next size up will do. Which is 46 jet. I know my HP numbers are down w/ my set-up w/o NOS. Must be heat soak ! Last week i did put down over 515 lb-ft off the bottle but i had the chip reburned because it was LEAN. I wish i would have sprayed the entire run on pull #2. I think my Torque qould have been over 550lb-ft for sure. Oh well, theres always this weekend. If someone is willing to help get the dyno charts up im game. im just a lil computer illiterate when it comes to stuff like that. Let me know what u guys think and what i should do next. thanks sorry so long Jamie

·
Registered
111 Posts
What dyno was that at? I've been there before but can't remember the name. Seeing as how the one here in Augusta shutdown, I gotta make the trip to Columbia. Beats driving to Atlanta.:D

G

·
Your mods sure are similar to mine :D Except you need headers now with everything you have on there. It will be worth it. If you do already, then disreguard that. Also..take the headlight out even during dyno testing..just to get better air going in.

Your Nitrous shot is being richened up by the sensor under the blower too.....so it seems the factory computer helps in richening the mixture from sensing such a cold air charge coming in with the nitrous. So yes...up that shot. Trust me...You will love it!!

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
2003 Cobra (20 lbs of boost and Nitrous)
(10.63 at 133 mph with new G Tech)Yes...on juice in 3rd and 4th

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Harry, thanks for the reply. You think ill be ok w/ the 46 jet now on stock injecors? I dont have headers yet. I know i need them now. Thanks again Jamie

G

·
I say yes, as long as the pressure is up in the chip to feed the fuel to the motor. Pete ran some awesome numbers on the Eaton with Nitrous , even before he put injectors in.

Harry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts