Votes: 25 64.1%
  • Nay, because it goes against everything America stands for

Votes: 5 12.8%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so for a while now I've been wondering what my car would look like with a more modern exhaust look. Know now that I have no intentions of doing this, due to time and monetary restrictions, and I'm not even completely sold. The reasoning behind this is simple: Modern European sports cars tend to have four exhaust tips. I have never really been pleased with the rear bumper of any Mustang (save 60's and early 70's models), so I figured I would make a simple chop of the rear of my car, along the lines of say the M3, C55, RS4, etc. I don't think anyone has gone for this look, at least not on a car that is otherwise prettymuch unchanged (I've still got the stock damn 2000 hood). Let me know what you think. Again, I'm not posting this because I'm debating doing it, but more to see if people in general think Ford should maybe start designing "Americana" cars to be, well, not so blatantly American.:dunno2:

·
Registered
916 Posts
im not sure if i like it... its different though..

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
The Mustang is as American as apple pie which is why people buy them. Think how succesful the Ford GT was and the new retro Mustang. Classic looks with new technology. Ford got it right with the new cars. :tip:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
don't corvetts have 4 tailpipes?

·
Super Moderator
3,538 Posts
Props on being different, but not my style.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Its sorta already been done man, the fr500 concept, it looked good on that cause the rear bumber was made to fit the dual tips on each side. Im not a real big fan of the way it would fit in the stock bumper with the modification show in your photoshop pic. Just my .02

·
Registered
615 Posts
That looks good with the Quad tips. JMHO

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think it looks good,i do have a nother suggestion since 4inch tips are becomming so popular these says how about a set of 5 inch tips,that would be different.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm actually kind of surprised this many people actually like the look. One thing I would like more (but was too lazy to photoshop in) is how on the FR500 concept the rear bumper surrounds the tips, and doesn't just extend over top of them. In regards to the exhaust tip size, I actually think the opposite. The only reason I incorporated the 4" tips was because that's what's on my car right now (Borla). I think a pair of 3" tips on either side would look a little less ricey.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I say do it to be different

·
Registered
6 Posts
Something to also look at is cleaning it. After being at the track with the rubber all spray on it getting in between the 2 pipes is a pain. but at the same time I'm not a fan of it on American cars. Even the Vette I like just 2 pipe out the rear with larger tips the smaller quad.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Two 2.5" or 3" tips would look better, it looks a little ricy with 4" tips. Of course I am partial to this look.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts