Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow first of all great site...
My name is Johnny, Im 25 and I have been a pushrod guy since day one.
How ever I have been thinking about doing a 4v 4.6 swap in my 84 coupe but to be honest I have no clue about theses motors... Is there a guide some where (I have used the search) that is a break down to the years of different cars they came in/differences in heads and intakes. Just basicly all of your basic knowledge about the different styles of parts that are offered... The reason I ask is My neighbor has a mark VIII with the 4.6 32v motor (forgot the year of the car) that runs great for really cheap if i wanted it. I dont know what tranny came in theses cars But that is the reason I started thinking about the swap, and how I found this site! Any info would great thanks in advance

Johnnyj

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I should have said a little bit more about my self instead of asking questions right out of the gate. Well like I said Im 25, I have 4 different mustangs 92lx 5.0, 94 GT convt, 95 GT hard top, and my wife bought me a very clean 84 coupe for by birth day that does not have any power options with a v6 and c4. Its clean for its age, it straight and rust free. I just just been buying up stuff like 8.8, fuel system stuff to get ready to do the conversion to A V8. I already have a high compersion 310 short block that i thought i was going to use, but now i cant get the 4.6 4V idea out of my head! Sorry for all the questions I will post them in a better spot.

·
Super Moderator
3,538 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hey Johnny, sounds like a cool project. There's a motor swap section that should have all types of info for you.

Regards,
Rob

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey thanks guys,
I found the motor swap section and I havent stoped reading!! I am just confused about the letters that people are calling the different 4V heads, B,C, and the differnt intake port shapes forgot the others but thats what I mean.

As far as the project, the car weighs 2748LBS right now with an empty tank. I know I will be adding some weight with the motor but It will have alot of lighten done to it as well!! I love the idea of the mod swap, just a bit gun shy as of right now!

Thankas,
Johnnyj

·
"Do Work"
1,646 Posts
There is ALOT of information......... If you need to find something on something, more then likely its there, you just have to dig for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts