Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys....

One of the members at StangNet was kind enough to tell me about this site......so I decided to join after reading some of the posts........

I work for Magnaflow, but I was a Mustang guy way before I worked here......

Currently my stable includes.....

67 Shelby GT500........Shelby R springs, 4.11 gears, 1400 stall, built C6, 10.5:1 compression, about $3000 in head work, block .30 over, Crane Cam, adjustable billet rocker arms, exc exc exc...Magnaflow X pipe and Exhaust

65 Shelby GT350.......Shelby R Springs, torque thrusts, stock 289, Magnapack Side Exit Exhaust custom made

90 GT....BBK equal lengths, Magnaflow X , Magnaflow catback dumped, 3.73s, Art Carr tranny, 65mm throttle body, electirc fans, pulleys, MSD ignition, Gripp disc brakes, and a bunch of suspension mods

Hopefully the moderators that are reading this, dont mind me being here, as I don't actually sell any of the Magnaflow parts, I am here more in a technical role, for the threads where people are asking about Magnaflow....

and also to BS about Mustangs in general as well......

Also, if Magnaflow is not one of your options, I do have a lot of information on my competitors....and can offer a lot of very unbiased information say for instance if you are thinking about two companies like MAC and Flowmaster.......

Attachments

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hey man, where were ya when I was thinking about what exhausts to get? LOL. J/K. Anyway welcome to the site, your insight will be appreciated.

What do you know about, say, the Borla Stinger?

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Welcome to the site, Mr. Magnaflow

We are glad to have you hear. I have been considering removing my Spintech mufflers and welding on a pair of Magnaflow mufflers, and possibly getting a catted X. Right now I have the stock H pipe.

What do you think of the Spintech mufflers, any info on them? I have the Pro-Shootout series. They are a tad loud for me. Too much drone in the car, like Flowmasters.

Again, thanks for joining us.

The Head Honcho

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey GNN,
Welcome to the site..... very impressve stable, now you just have to add a new Snake! BTW, I'm running a full front to back Magnaflow system on my 03 and love it. Welcome again.
Fred

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
GNN-

When is Magnaflow going to make a Magnapack Catback for us IRS guys??? I had one on my GT and would kill to have that sound again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys......

Spintech...great bunch of guys, They actually gave a couple of my coworkers a tour of their facility, and we gave them a tour of ours......

I know that their muffler flows better then Flowmaster, however you are as you stated still faced with the noise problem....

Here is why- there are two ways to quiet down the car...

sound atinuation and sound cancellation....

(by the way, I was a Marketing major, not an English major, so please go easy on me if I don't spell some of these words correctly...lol)

Spintech and Flowmaster use the cancellation....

Basically they use chembers and baffles, or the round funny looking things in the Spintech to bounce the exhaust around, as when you bounce a sound wave around, it will change its properties until a desired sound is achieved....

The problem is that when you bounce these sound waves around, many get bounced......right back inside your car....causing that "droning" sound

Borla, Bassani, and Magnaflow (for the guy who asked about Borla)

use sound atinuation- basically they absorb the sound waves by putting preferations in the piping.....which the sound waves can travel through, and then get absorbed by a material whether it is fiberglass or rockwool

Now if designed correctly, it will be quieter as the sound waves are not getting bounced around but rather aborbed....

The Stinger system is in direct competition with our Magnapack system for which both do not give you a lot of absorbtion material resulting in a more aggresive sound........

So, if removeing the drone is one of your goals, the Magnaflow would be an excellent choice......

The X pipe as well will cut out a good portion of the drone......

·
Registered
810 Posts
GNN60GT500,

Nice to see your posts here and there.

On my Gen II Lightning I had a Bassani Catback, fit, finish, quality, and sound was excellent.

Currently on my 03' Cobra I have a Magnaflow Catted X and Cat-Back. Fit, finish, quality, and sound is also excellent at, in my opinion, a better value. My only complaint is the exhaust tips sold with the system. In my opinion they are not as nice as those offered by Borla and Bassani.

Thanks for the information. Keep up putting out the excellent exhaust products at a great value.

:)

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
I also run the Magnaflow Cat back and love the sound especially the chap you get when you quickly romp on it..LOL..I also have a lil problem with the quaity of the tips..mine are starting to discolor to a bronzy finish! Any tips on color restoration?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep,

Sometimes there is some excess grease on the tips from the machines that make them, and when they get hot, it causes a slight discoloration....

Eagle One Billet ALuminum Polish seems to clear it right up.....

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
Welcome!! I'm sure you have lots of valuble information. Personally, I like my Spintech pro shootouts, but some people with girlish eardrums (Eric) don't like em. LMAO. Well, welcome again and enjoy your stay.

gary

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Where I can not give them away....

what I can give you is a tour of the Magnaflow plant if you are ever in the area.........lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
GNN60GT500 said:

(by the way, I was a Marketing major)
Woohoo!!! Me too, are you guys hiring? I have a Magnaflow cat-back on my '03...first hand product knowledge!! :)

(willing to re-locate)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
To answer the questions.......

Magnaflow uses all stainless steel, with a life time warranty.....

Currently we are not hiring, but there is never any harm in sending in your resume anyways.....just send it in attn. HR Director.....(thats how I got my job)

Why don't we make a Magnapack kit for the Cobra--------

Well to be honest, we set up the Magnaflow catback for the CObra to be more aggressive sounding then the GT kit.....(after all, its a Cobra)

So actually there is not much of a sound difference between the Cobra mufflers and the Magnapack mufflers.......

If the GT system was a 1, and the Magnapack system was a 10, the Cobra system would be about a 7.5.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I love my Maggies. But with my gears at my highway speeds, 75-85 there is considerable resonance in the cabin. I've heard that the Bassani baffles in the tail tips help a lot.

How much power does that take out? And why doesn't Magnaflow offer that option?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts