Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 with all bolt ons and 410 gears just FYI. Anyway I only had this car about 2 1/2- 3 years. No problems at first course I'm sure it helps that I baby it 95% of time and when I do get on it.. I just goose it for a gear or two. Anyhow recently I had oil changed (I was def behind on it even tho it made no noises and ran like a charm). it's like only been 500-1000 miles since then (if that). Well then my fuel pump dies and I fork out 650$ to have it fixed.. I've had it back not even two weeks (literally still on same tank of gas I got after getting it done). Now all sudden I'm getting alot of wrattling.. im guessing it's lifter tick after trying to look around.. i check the oil it's not only on max but it still looks clean as a whistle. Next thing I know it stalls on me at idle at stop light, starts back up then stalls as I'm pulling into mcdondalds for lunch. I only live a mile tops from work so I crank it back up and just make sure to hold the gas down just barely at the 1 stop light before home. I pull up at home and it doesn't stall this time atleast.. I need help on what to try.. I got 2 little boys I'm tryna raise solo and I need this car. I only drive 10 miles a day on avg.. I haven't drove it in a few days and I bought some seafoam to try to run through everything.. Im decently mechanically inclined on these cars it's my 4th one is this hard to fix (I'm not an install cams skilled but I fixed things like water pump, cooling system etc in past on other ones I had) plz plz help

·
Registered
187 Posts
Noises are hard to diagnose over the net. Are you 100% sure what you're hearing is from thr e gine? If so the first thing I'd do is drain the oil and look for glitter. If that's clean get a video of the noise and post it here.

Also double check your exhaust. The shop may have dropped the tail pipes to get the tank out ad something might be touching the body now. Exhaust vibrations make all kinds of weird noises.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If it's noise sounds like ticking or even a little of rattle while it drops fast in rpm even sometimes followed by a pop you might want to have your chain tensioners and guides checked before the guides shatter and fall into the oil pan. I would take off the valve covers and timing cover to get things started. Before you do that could we get an audio/video clip?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank so much for the replies guys.. I forgot I found this forum and have been sitting around depressed cause of my car. I literally just shut it off after not running it for last two weeks.. battery almost gave me a problem but anyway. so she started up and at first it was quiet and seemingly running ok..(I ran some seafoam in the oil and threw the intake hoping maybe i might be one of those lucky few.. anyway.. I noticed as it start running longer it started running worse.. ticking is there.. just watching I swear it seems like something is wrong at the serp belt and car seems like it starts to shake a little.. and then finally it started trying to cut off more n more as I let it keep running.. it would drop down then catch n come back every few mins.. I will start it back up tomorrow and make a video going from cold to where symptoms happen if it runs same tomorrow.. even if it's something I can't fix I'd like to know what needs to be done so a mechanic don't rip me one. Guy that did my pump didn't even suggest or say anything about fuel filter being replaced while having it off.. I had to say I'd like that to be done while ur in there.. plz check back tomorrow and I'll have video up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts