Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well just got some new parts for the stang. I already ordered and have a set of 4:10 gears for the rear, and a sct tuner. Also ordered a MGW short throw shifter. Getting ready to buy a professional products intake plenum and throttle body on Wednesday along with a set of BBK Shorty Headers (getting a good deal on em so dont even ask "why not long tubes). I also just purchased a mach 1 grille delete and chin spoiler to add to my appearance. So wish me luck everyone on my quest to more hp.

Cliff notes*
Bought and will buy
1. 4:10 gears
2. SCT Tuner
3. MGW Short Throw Shifter
4. Professional Products Plenum & TB
5. BBK Shorty Headers
6. Grille Delete
7. Chin spoiler

And mods i already have are as followed: Magnaflow Magnapack Catback and UPR O/R X-pipe and lowered on Eibach lowering springs

·
Registered
101 Posts
well just got some new parts for the stang. I already ordered and have a set of 4:10 gears for the rear, and a sct tuner. Also ordered a MGW short throw shifter. Getting ready to buy a professional products intake plenum and throttle body on Wednesday along with a set of BBK Shorty Headers (getting a good deal on em so dont even ask "why not long tubes). I also just purchased a mach 1 grille delete and chin spoiler to add to my appearance. So wish me luck everyone on my quest to more hp.

Cliff notes*
Bought and will buy
1. 4:10 gears
2. SCT Tuner
3. MGW Short Throw Shifter
4. Professional Products Plenum & TB
5. BBK Shorty Headers
6. Grille Delete
7. Chin spoiler

And mods i already have are as followed: Magnaflow Magnapack Catback and UPR O/R X-pipe and lowered on Eibach lowering springs

·
Registered
492 Posts
have fun

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well just dropped the stang off this morning at the mechanic to get the gears installed. Hopefully they will be done today. To bad i gotta work so i wont be able to pick it up though, well maybe afterwards. If not ill def pic it up tomorrow then. I just cant wait to try out these 4:10s

·
"Do Work"
1,646 Posts
You will love the 4.10's... Now save up and get a power-adder on there!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah as much as i would love a blower im not sure if i wanna make this motor blown or not. I mean it will probably be safe but it has 93k miles on it so i dunno. Plus then i gotta have that extra cash lol

·
Registered
642 Posts
Ditch the shorties and get cams instead. Alot more power for alittle bit more.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah well the thing is i already bought the shorties, but im def gonna get cams. hopefully by the summer. im probably gonna go with a set of hitech stage 2's.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so any suggestions to what i should buy next? i have roughly $400 to spare. just throw out some options for me so i can decide from there

·
Registered
426 Posts
SUSPENSION get some coilovers or save a little more for a k-member kit

·
Registered
8 Posts
def suspension, k mem will shave some weight for you change the motor mounts while your doing the install easier to do it then then it be a pain in the ass later on...you will love the 4.10s i have them and love them!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well got my car back from the shop today and All i gotta say is "I love it". Even though i'm taking it easy on it, it still feels like a new car. I even uploaded my canned tune from American Muscle too and installed my Professional Products plenum and TB also and I must say that I am completely pleased with my parts i have installed so far. Thanks again for everyone's comments too.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i just got my mgw shifter in the mail today and already installed it, and i must say i absolutely love it. But It took me a while to figure out how to get it right and everything. I first put it on and forgot to take the little plastic black piece off the stock shifter ball and put it on the mgw. i felt a lot of front and back slop and was like wtf wuts going on. so then i looked at the stock shifter and was like oh my i forgot this piece. so i had to take it all back apart and put the piece on and it felt like night and day. Ill try to get pics of everything when i get a chance. so updated pics to come.

·
Registered
416 Posts
well i just got my mgw shifter in the mail today and already installed it, and i must say i absolutely love it. But It took me a while to figure out how to get it right and everything. I first put it on and forgot to take the little plastic black piece off the stock shifter ball and put it on the mgw. i felt a lot of front and back slop and was like wtf wuts going on. so then i looked at the stock shifter and was like oh my i forgot this piece. so i had to take it all back apart and put the piece on and it felt like night and day. Ill try to get pics of everything when i get a chance. so updated pics to come.
That is the best way to mod, just get a bunch of stuff and do it all at the same time...

·
Im Not Banned...yet
5,362 Posts
That is the best way to mod, just get a bunch of stuff and do it all at the same time...
As fun as that is, it is the worst way to mod, especially if you run into problems. When you install 3 or 4 or more things and there's noise or problems you have no idea which new part is causing it. better to do one at a time, test, make sure its ok, then move on to the next

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As fun as that is, it is the worst way to mod, especially if you run into problems. When you install 3 or 4 or more things and there's noise or problems you have no idea which new part is causing it. better to do one at a time, test, make sure its ok, then move on to the next
yeah thats exactly what i do. i just buy them at once, but i only install one at a time and then wait and drive around for a while then go to the next part to install that way i know if anything went wrong i know which part it was.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well guys i think im gonna change my mind on the headers. I just got a really good deal on a set of bbk long tubes and a vrs catted x pipe. So im gonna go long tubes instead of shorties. So hopefully i will be happy with the final result of my exhaust set up. So wish me luck, gonna install them this weekend if they get here by then.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts