Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Damn, that is sweet, wish I could get this but I very highly doubt you can pass inspection in a state that plugs into the OBD2 with this. Hmmmmmm might be swapping ECUs when I want to run on the street, wouldn't be that hard I suppose.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well Kevin, it is plug compatible right? Save your OEM ECU, unplug the MS3Pro when you are ready to go back to the street, Plug in the OEM ECU and don't worry be happy. Don't forge to tell the OEM CPU what size injectors you are running. Couldn't be easier.

Ed
My ECU has a workable tune from my last set up. I'll have to talk to my tuner tomorrow and see if he's interested in working with this. I am putting everything together in the a week(s) or so. With a high compression, cammed, E85 car this might offer a level of safety and I can ditch my N2MB and not go through the effort of tapping in a J&S or the like. I feel the faster processor and increased resolution in the tables plus not having to scale gives a great benefit in precision. Definitely going to look into this, very exciting there still new tech coming out for this platform. Going to dig into this in the next few days and see what it offers in terms of ethanol content for safety, knock sensing, etc and make a decision. Price is pretty on point considering.

In my situation it would be a trade off seeing how many of the new features I could use and not make it a difficult swap back and forth. Not really looking to have to run external coils and wires and then have to switch back every time I want to street it. It does seem to have many positives vs all the piggy back type add on over the years.

EDIT: Just reading the break down, will this support knock sensing for 03-04 Cobras? Seems it might be skipped in that release. Is this due to noise or the lack of factory sensors, or am I mistaken? I have a J&S I've been looking to deploy for safety. Is this a possible replacement?

Not to hijack but isn't there rumors of a Holley system coming out later this year as well?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts