Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
201 - 218 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Just want to give yall a heads up. The first batch of these do not have working reverse lockout. So as Bob informed me it is really hard to get into reverse. If you send your ECU back they will fix this or you can wire a jumper and program the solenoid to work correctly. I got mine back a week ago and one of the reasons I am behind. I think 01yellercobra is sending his back next week along with Papajoe.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Just want to give yall a heads up. The first batch of these do not have working reverse lockout. So as Bob informed me it is really hard to get into reverse. If you send your ECU back they will fix this or you can wire a jumper and program the solenoid to work correctly. I got mine back a week ago and one of the reasons I am behind. I think 01yellercobra is sending his back next week along with Papajoe.
What affect would the no reverse lockout have on an automatic swapped Cobra?
Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
There is a solenoid on the T56 that is the reverse lockout to make sure no accidental reverse when driving. I would think not an issue with an auto but not 100%. Would think a zero issue for you.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
It wouldn't affect an auto. Unless you want to make a set up to lock out park or reverse while moving.
Actually already have one! It's a B&M Pro Ratchet shifter so it has the reverse/park lockout lever already.
I didn't figure it would affect me, but wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing!

Thank you both of you!

·
Administrator
Termi Powered 427 Cobra, & M850
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
I would ask the guys who make the system. I believe I saw something on their site about specials where they said they would do a special if you could come up with ten users.

Ed

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Any idea how soon the PnP system for the 1997 Cobra will be available?
If this one doesn't come available and you want a system now, check out Pro-M EFI. I run their setup with the coil on plug option, flex fuel and frps sensors. Runs great, easy to use and tune. Comes with a brand new OEM quality wiring harness to replace the stock one and the fit and finish is OEM quality. Tuning software is very familiar and easy to use as well.

·
Administrator
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
Very nice Josh.

Those are likely the last injectors you will need to buy. :)

I wish they would make them in a 60mm length so the aluminum extensions would not be necessary ...

Ed

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Ed,
Do the aluminum extenders affect the spray pattern of the injector at all?
They should not affect the spray as they are on the top side but adds an extra place to leak and an extra o-ring to go bad. They are getting leak tested and flow tested right now.

·
Administrator
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
What Josh said, Ken.

Ed

·
Administrator
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 · (Edited)
I sent you an email earlier Josh. The hat on the bottom easily could have produced the flow differences. A misunderstanding about psia and psig could also produce the same variation. Interestingly it was exactly the flow reduction you would expect for a 2 BAR pressure differential vs a 3 BAR pressure differential.

If you elect to retest I would only retest one injector. If it plays out in the 220 - 230 cc's / minute range I would not waste any time or money flowing the others. You already know they repeat, flow-wise, from injector to injector with the hats on the wrong ends — it is hard to get better than that. :). BTW the test shop looks a little light in the experience department.

Ed

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Read your email. Makes me feel good I guess. Not going to test anymore. Going to swap the hats to the correct end and lock them down. Again Ed thanks so much for all your help.

I sent you an email earlier Josh. The hat on the bottom easily could have produced the flow differences. A misunderstanding about psia and psig could also produce the same variation. Interestingly it was exactly the flow reduction you would expect for a 2 BAR pressure differential vs a 3 BAR pressure differential.

If you elect to retest I would only retest one injector. If it plays out in the 220 - 230 cc's / minute range I would not waste any time or money flowing the others. You already know they repeat, flow-wise, from injector to injector with the hats on the wrong ends - it is hard to get better than that.
. BTW the test shop looks a little light in the experience department.

Ed

·
Administrator
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
Glad to be able to, Josh.

Ed

201 - 218 of 218 Posts