Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had the car back at dealer four times now in 6 weeks since owning it.. they still have not fixed the VIBE(new rearend to be installed next week, probably still won't fix it) SEAT RUB(again, to be fixed next week..even tho its been there three times to have it fixed.. "parts on order"..yea right) CLUNK (hopeless, right??) and now I've got a new squeek/funky sound coming from somewhere around the back window/rear deck at all times while driving... UGHHH! I want my 2000 Lightning back. My 92 LX doesn't have as many rattles. All this and now they are offering $2500 cash rebate.. should have waited!!! Actually, should have gotten a new Lightning and added a chip and filter and be running same times as this car stock. Sorry for the vent!!!! Someone please offer some consoling!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
If your clunk is like mine(I had it backing out of my drive,coming from the rear) It went away with the vibe when they replaced the rear end and driveshaft.

The seat mod is no big deal.

I just got my car back from the shop. Had four tires and wheels replaced for the third time to cure a low speed shimmy(finally worked!)

Also replaced my engine for the ticking noise.
My car is now fine and fun to drive, This has gone on for the six months I have owned it. THis is my third cobra and by far the most fun,

Keep your chin up everything will get fixed and you will be glad you own it:)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Come on buddy, hang in there. Once the vibe is fixed and you do your first 11 second pass, a small little squeek is not gonna bother you!!
Enjoy the car.

Riaan
Zinc yellow 03
[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts