Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm proud to announce Stangbangerz.com Sea - Level ET and Trap Speed Calculator!

Enter in the weather and your [email protected] and it will return your [email protected] corrected for sea level. This is a great tool to compare runs from different days with different weather conditions. This is not SPAM! It's free! As far as I know, this calculator is one of a kind. You could always figure out density altitude, then look up correction factors, but this brings it all into one calculator.

Click here to try it out. Feedback is greatly appreciated!

We also have a great Horsepower calculator that uses trap speed and weight to calculate rwhp, fwhp and power to weight ratios. One of the most accurate on the internet.

Click here to try it out.

Ken

·
Registered
53 Posts
3,450 lbs/105.13 mph = 272.58 rwhp (seems high)

i didnt know the correct d/t loss percentage so i left that blank. when i did add d/t loss (20% for example) the rwhp stayed the same, and the fwhp went through the roof. it said my engine was making like 330 fwhp, i know that isnt possible.

:confused:

-Mike

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The formula figures rwhp based on trap speed. That is why it doesn't change when you change drivetrain loss. 20% is way too high. Closer to 12-15%.

Are you sure you are at that weight? That seems a bit high. Everyone else that has used that calculator has gotten results within 2-3rwhp of an actual dyno.

Ken

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ken...

...that thing was cool.
said I was making 380hp @the crank and 325r/w done wth 15% d/t loss...kinda what I thought it was making:cool:

Randy

·
Registered
244 Posts
I played around with them, they seem to be in the ballpark, I am no expert so close is good enough :D Oh, it was determined I need to move to the east coast HAHA.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts