Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well finally got out to the track to run the car after last weeks tune. I had no trailer, so I had no other choice then to drive 120 miles from Miami to Moroso.
Luckily, a friend was towing his car up to the track and was kind enough to take my slicks with him. When we got there it had just finished raining and the track officials said they would dry it up, but we were only allowed to run 1/8 mile times.:mad:
Since it was the 1st time out with the new suspension mods I had no idea what to expect.
By my 3rd pass I got the car to leave nicely, 1.58 60ft 7.28 @ 99.46. According to a 1/8 mile calculator thats 11.36 @125 mph:jawdrop
Needless to say I was surprised , being that Im only shifting at 6200 to 6300 rpms.
I hope to have time to install the new fuel system this week so I can turn the motor to at least 7k.
Maybe next time out 11.00s?:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
with all that power you should be in the 10's easily AS the car is!! good luck and when you get that fuel system and new tune, dont expect THAT much of a gain!! hope to see some 10's though!

·
Registered
802 Posts
281blwngt said:
Well finally got out to the track to run the car after last weeks tune. I had no trailer, so I had no other choice then to drive 120 miles from Miami to Moroso.
Luckily, a friend was towing his car up to the track and was kind enough to take my slicks with him. When we got there it had just finished raining and the track officials said they would dry it up, but we were only allowed to run 1/8 mile times.:mad:
Since it was the 1st time out with the new suspension mods I had no idea what to expect.
By my 3rd pass I got the car to leave nicely, 1.58 60ft 7.28 @ 99.46. According to a 1/8 mile calculator thats 11.36 @125 mph:jawdrop
Needless to say I was surprised , being that Im only shifting at 6200 to 6300 rpms.
I hope to have time to install the new fuel system this week so I can turn the motor to at least 7k.
Maybe next time out 11.00s?:D
I couldn't be more jealous, Pete! Congrats on the new times! Looks like 10s are right around the corner!:jawdrop

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey , thanks micool, Looks like Im getting close, With my fuel system, new intake and throttle body, and a retune, I should hit the 10s with no problems.
Have you decided what your going to do with you engine build up.
Pretty soon you'll be there as well.:D

·
Registered
802 Posts
As much as I would like to stay local with my engine build it doesn't look like I'll be able to. I'm talking with a couple guys in Georgia right now so hopefully I'll have something started within the next month. Are you going with the RR intake? Michael

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Michael, no I was thinking about it, but availability and the fact that tq #s are not to good kept me away for now. Ill let some more R & D go by before I change from my Bullit. My new intake is fully polished for that cool look. And ported complete with a single blade throttle body. Ralph at Powerheads Performance said it makes about a 40hp difference on blower cars that switch from bone stock intake to their ported one's.
Should be shipped by the end of the week and on my car by the end of the month.

Pete.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts