Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok you southern Ga. drag racers I have a source that tells me a NHRA sanctioned 1/4mile dragstrip,5/8 mile paved oval and go cart track is under construction. The lcation is off of I-75 exit 32 just north of Valdosta Ga. . Anybody that lives close by let us know how true this is. For anybody into racing a new track under construction is always good news...:blob

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I have not been down to check it out yet, but yes it is true. It is about a 25 minute drive south of Tifton! I can't wait :king

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Consider yourself lucky to have a track so close to home. I sure miss living down their.

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Yep, I hear it will be finished around December. Hopefully NMRA or FFW will have an event there, that would definately kick ass.

I hear they are using the same lights like are at the Daytona Motorspeedway. At night, when they turn the lights on it like daytime, and there is no glare. I'll have to go down there and get a few pics of the progress.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Glad to see another 1/4 mile track opening. But dang it, its about as far as Gainesville's 1/4 from me :( Oh well, at least I'll have more choices of tracks to go to. Just wish the mean ole "*****" would let them go ahead and reopen the track here in Tally. Its only going to be 1/8 mile at first, but might go back to 1/4 later.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah, I had heard that awhile back. I am glad. Don't know if it will be any closer for me though.

I can get to Reynolds (Silver Dollar Dragway) 1/4 mile in about 2.5 hours and to Jackson 1/4 mile in about the same amount of time.

I am about 2 hours from Valdosta.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
yeah its been the talk of the town here so to speak for over a year. It's going to be in Adel supposedly. Hahira is a tiny town of say 2-3k people...maybe. I'll be there every weekend with g/f in tow. And I'll be running her car(i'm building) until i get aproject of my own.....leaning towards a Focus with the v8 rwd conversion.

Imagine a modular v8 powered focus!!!!!!! and its been done.

the only people i ahve found htat have done it, took the car to this extreme level of RICE. Loud paint wheels and body kits, chrome everywhere.......huge stereos, and no damn timeslips.

I did read on one site that they run 12's on street tires powered by the frpp gt40 302.

:jawdrop

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
rumor has it the NHRA are going to move the SOUTHERN NATIONALS their in 2005. Also the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series Division 2 race will be held on June 4-6 in 2004.

South Georgia Motorsports Park a NHRA sanctioned track

1 - 17 of 17 Posts