Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my new best at the track 13.1 @ 103, but I'm wondering if i need more HP or better suspension, or what to get to a 12.99. The only mods I have are K&N, TwEECer with 14 degrees timing, subframes, 4.10s, Mac Off-road H, Flowmaster, steeda underdrives, steeda triax, spec stage 2 clutch, eibach pro-kit and pro stars witih 26x10x15 ET drags. My 60 foot was 1.78 with a 4200 launch with 13psi cold in the slicks. Any suggestions?

Oh, I've also removed the back seat, spare tire and jack, and I have also loosened the sway bar.

·
Registered
289 Posts
You already have the power to get there you just need to launch higher RPM. Your tires are way overkill so you can pretty much launch as high as you want...or can afford.

Bill

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried launching at 4500, 5000, 5500 but i was not getting better 60's with that. My friends that were watching said that it looked like the rear went down hard right away but seemed to pop back up. I'm not exactly sure what this means, but then i was getting like 1.88 60's and 13.26s and 13.33s. Do i need more suspension, or?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Your suspension is unloading in the rear which could be to due to a couple different problems. First is too stiff or soft of a spring in the rear. Both would allow the rear to squat to a certain point then rebound and unloading the suspension. I would look at drag struts for up front and remove the sway bar completely or disconnect it completely at the track. Simply loosening it won't do that much.

Bill

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bill Putnam said:
Your suspension is unloading in the rear which could be to due to a couple different problems. First is too stiff or soft of a spring in the rear. Both would allow the rear to squat to a certain point then rebound and unloading the suspension. I would look at drag struts for up front and remove the sway bar completely or disconnect it completely at the track. Simply loosening it won't do that much.

Bill
well, i have the eibach pro-kit on right now. Could I go with normal adjustable struts in front like the QA1s or the Tokico 5-way adjustables, or would i need to go with the Tokico Drag Struts. By loosening the sway bar i meant i took off the nut, bushing and moved the sway bar off the stud.

Would control arms help my situation and if so, which do you reccommend? This is my daily driver so I would like to keep it still streetable and not drag only. Thanks for the help so far Bill, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Control arms aren't going to make that much of a difference. They will help reduce flex but honestly that isn't your biggest issue. As for struts any type of adjustable struts should help out over stock. You don't have to have drag only struts just something that allow you to set them to soft at the strip.

Bill

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are the front struts the most important? should i go with the shocks at the same time? If i were to get both i would want to set them to firm in the rear and soft in the front, correct? Which adjustable shocks/struts do you reccommend?

·
Registered
289 Posts
2000BlackGT said:
are the front struts the most important? should i go with the shocks at the same time? If i were to get both i would want to set them to firm in the rear and soft in the front, correct? Which adjustable shocks/struts do you reccommend?
In my opinion they are. Stock shocks have about the same vavling as a 50/50 lakewood shock so if you have stock just leave them. Yes you want soft up front and somewhat firm in the rear. I don't really have any experience with adjustables so I'd say ask a few that have tried them out instead.

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts